[Sdpg] Common Vision will run its fifth annual Fruit Tree Tour­a 20-city, Los Angeles to Sacramento.

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Tue Feb 26 09:42:23 PST 2008

http://www.commonvision.org/

Common Vision will run its fifth annual Fruit
Tree Tour­a 20-city, 70-day tour planting over
1000 fruit trees at urban schools and community
centers from Los Angeles to Sacramento. Traveling
in veggie oil-powered caravan, 25-earth educators
from Common Vision will teach students about
sustainable ecology through a daylong program
that includes theatre, drumming, dancing,
storytelling, and earth-conscious hip-hop.

School Visits/Programs
February 23-March 9 Los Angeles
March 9-12 Santa Barbara
March 12-14 San Luis Obispo
March 14-17 Hollister
March 17-21 Santa Cruz County, Watsonville
March 21-25 Marin/Sonoma County
March 25-April 2  Sacramento Area
April 2-12 San Francisco Bay Area
April 13-15  Closing Celebrations

Events open to the public:

March 1: Community Planting with Green Ambassadors (LA)
March 8: Community Planting with Sustainable Habitat (LA)
March 22: Community Planting with Daily Acts (Marin)
March 24: Community Planting with Daily Acts (Marin)
March 29: Community Planting with Serna Village (Sac)
March 30: Community Planting with Russel Manor (sac)
April 5: Community Planting with Merritt College (Bay)
April 12: Community Planting with Bay Area Org TBA (Bay)

DVD Preview: Planting the Vision

Planting the Vision is a 45 minute documentary
about Fruit Tree Tour. Zak Human and Kyla
Sheffield of
<http://www.wovenmedia.net/>WovenMedia devoted
half of a year to professionally produce this
amazing video that truly brings to life the
experience that Common Vision shares with schools
and community centers. The Common Vision is
humbled in gratitude by their dedication and
honored to share this 9-minute preview with each
of you. We hope you enjoy “Planting the Vision”
and are inspired to care for Mother Earth in your
community. http://www.commonvision.org/news/multimedia/multimedia.html

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in
new directions, in order to grow." - Anonymous