[Sdpg] Teacher Training at the Bullock's Permaculture Homestead, Orcas Island, WA August 10-17, 2008

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Sat May 17 22:15:42 PDT 2008

Permaculture Teacher Training

-----------------------

Orcas Island, WA

August 10-17, 2008

At the Bullock's Permaculture Homestead

-----------------------

Being excited about Permaculture is a good place to start, but pulling
off a great Permaculture course in your community takes good planning,
a bit of homework, and some sharing of ideas. It's a huge concept and
in this course we will focus in on the conceptual framework of how to
deliver Permaculture to your local communities in an organized,
productive and empowering way that will get others as excited as you
are about Permaculture.

Topics Include:
Educational Theory
Group Facilitation
Budgeting
Food
Lesson Development
Projects
Plant Acquisition
Learning Process
Team Building
Marketing
Health and Safety
Building local guilds
Fund Raising
Nursery Development
Experiential Education Cycle
Logistics
Course Site Check list
Resource lists/timelines
Hands-on skills
Developing Non-profits
Solar Hot water

Using the amazing Bullock Homestead as our classroom, we will explore
three major focus areas:

1. How do people learn and how can we create experiences that people
get the maximum effect from.
2. How effective planning and logistics lead to improved course outcomes.
3. Improving our own skill level in Permaculture concepts and hands-on
skills.

Mornings will be spent in educational theory and group dynamics. After
lunch groups will be developing a Course Design Matrix, recipe cards
for new teachers to take back to their communities. And afternoons
will be spent honing and developing personal skills on a 20 year
Permaculture homestead. Evenings will focus on resources to help your
course take shape. Our final day, to check our progress, we will be
delivering a one day Permaculture workshop to a group of college
students. There will be ample time for networking and sharing
specifics about your intended course particulars. Students will leave
with many tools to put to use as Permaculture educators.

Instructors: 	Michael Becker, Dave Boehnlein, Douglas Bullock, Samuel
Bullock
Prerequisite: 	Permaculture Design Course Certificate or equivalent
experience
Cost: 	$800 ($750 if paid-in-full by June 1st, 2008). A $250
nonrefundable deposit is required with course registration, with the
remainder due on or before July 15, 2008. Note: We only accept 22
students so this course fills up fast!

Contact: Dave Boehnlein - 360-840-8483 - permaculture.dave at gmail.com

--
Dave Boehnlein