[Sdpg] Request for input on development of sustainable urban landscapes program at Cuyamaca College

Marc Bailey playtoe1 at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 22:37:06 PDT 2008

Hi All,

Cuyamaca college in San Diego is requesting input on what classes and areas of emphasis their developing sustainable urban landscape program should include.  If they get enough request from foodies like us there is a good chance that we can influence the development of this program.

Some subjects that I'd love to see offered are edible landscaping, water harvesting, greywater systems, urban farming, permaculture, companion planting, organic gardening, organic soil food web, edible and useful plant identification, edible food forest creation, natural building techniques (cob benches instead of concrete), etc.

Please send your input to the email below and ask your friends to do the same.

Thanks!
-Marc

.----

Sustainable Urban
Landscapes: How Do You Define Them?
The Cuyamaca College
Ornamental Horticulture Program is in the process
of establishing a degree and certificate in Sustainable Urban Landscaping and
we want to hear how you would define a sustainable urban landscape and
what it would entail in terms of courses, topics, or areas of emphasis.

Click on the link below to send me an email and let us know your definition.
Email To:
brad.monroe at gcccd.eduThanks for your input.

Brad Monroe
Program Coordinator