[Sdpg] The EcoSutra : A documentary Film introducing us to the Practices of Permaculture

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Fri Jun 20 14:56:32 PDT 2008

  EcoSutra Film -

A film about sustainability..To purchase the
DVD  http://www.ecosutra.tv/trailer
For Immediate Release: June 16th 2008
Kristina Fitzsimmons
kristinafitzsimmons at gmail.com
cell: 310 779 0179

The 'EcoSutra' film takes us on a global quest for the solutions to
the challenges of our time ( http://www.ecosutra.tv/trailer). We visit
revolutionaries from all walks of life and travel across the globe to
explore the ingredients of sustainable communities and the worldwide
eco-movement. This documentary introduces us to the practices of
permaculture, a design science that mimics natural cycles to maximize
productivity.

Permaculture teaches us that the efficient processes of an ecosystem
can be applied to human communities as well, and that Nature is by
far our greatest teacher. Discover the power of permaculture to
produce a strong economy and a healthy environment.

The film highlights valuable alternatives to our current
infrastructure and lifestyles, including profitable renewable energy
technologies ready and waiting for wide scale implementation. Other
chapters of the film explore the rapidly growing green building
movement, and remind us of efficient agricultural practices that were
second nature to our local farmers thirty years ago.

"The world is facing an unprecedented crisis, in environment and in
energy supply. This is the largest challenge humanity has ever faced.
We have to focus our resources, both financial and intellectual, upon
this with the intensity of a military conflict, or a moon shot, or a
Manhattan project." Steve Strong, President, Solar Design Associates
of Harvard, Installed the first solar panels on The White House and
is interviewed in the film.

Another expert, Eric Daniles, VP, Technology and Product Development,
British Petroleum Solar, said "
It could well be that all of a sudden
your home has a solar array on top that produces hydrogen for your
automobile, or some fuel cell in your home during the day when your
car is not there. If your car is there it charges up your car
battery. When you start to integrate these things in a brand new way
it really opens up a lot of opportunity, you think about it all
differently."

This is a very unique premiere. We are gathering not only to watch a
great film, but also to network within the community and create
positive synergy towards sustainable community developments.
Following the film, local leaders will discuss practical solutions
for moving Syracuse in a more sustainable direction.

Greening USA presents their Syracuse Sustainability Academy, a hands-
on, community-based workshop series designed to empower the general
public with knowledge of the green movement. Representatives of The
Alchemical Nursery Project, the Organic Valley family, and of local
farm bureaus, as well as local pioneers in the development of
renewable energy technologies, will join our discussion.

Russell Berns, the founder and director of EcoSutra, is the son of
legendary song-writer Bert Berns (who was responsible for hits like
Twist and Shout', 'Under The Boardwalk', 'Brown Eyed Girl', 'Piece Of
My Heart', 'Everybody Needs Somebody To Love', among others) and is a
founder of BANG Records.  Russell grew up in the music publishing
industry, and has freelanced in music and video production. He
filmed, directed, produced, and composed music for the EcoSutra film,
all of which was funded by his family's legacy.

This is his first full-length documentary release, which showcases
more than two years of his research meeting with top permaculture
scientists and environmental companies in Asia, Africa, Europe,
Israel and North America.

Originally from Atlanta, Berns now lives in Los Angeles.

For more information go to:
<http://www.ecosutra.tv/trailer/>http://www.ecosutra.tv/trailer/

**EcoSutra is an organization dedicated to building the resources for
people to network into new models of environmentally and economically
sustainable villages. By bridging renewable energy technology to
permaculture - an environmental design science that mimics naturally
occurring ecosystems and accelerates the earth's natural regenerative
processes, we can create sustainable healthy communities to live,
work and play. Through our events and media projects we look to
propel the green movement and provide the public with the knowledge
and networking tools to achieve success and implementation.

Featuring

    *

    John Bansen
        * Doug Danley
        * Lori Hllingdale
        * Bruce Hostetter
        * David Hughes
        * Noam Ilan
        * John Todd Langdon
        * David Leher
        * Mike Lotan
        * Harry MacCormack
        * Lyle Rawlings
        * John Spears
        * Steve Strong
        * Terry Terrall

Featuring (cont'd)

    *

    Randy Udall
        * Warren Brush
        * Eric E. Daniels
        * Ambrose Desmond
        * Darren Doherty
        * Larry Eisenberg
        * Brock Dolman
        * Geoff Lawton
        * Penny Livingston
        * Mike Lotan
        * William McDonogh
        * Chris 'Papa Bear'
        * Elmar Willmes

Special Thanks

    *

    Warren Brush
        * Bert Berns
        * Jeff Wexler
        * Tonya Wexler
        * Haskell Wexler

Directed and Photographed by

    *

    Mark Russell Berns

    *

    Produced by

        *

        Mark Russell Berns & David Wexler

        *

        Edited by

            *

            David Wexler

            *

            Music by

                *

                Mark Russell Berns

            Media Director and Web Development

                *

                Jeff Ashburn

            Director of Public Affairs

                *

                Kristina Fitzsimmons

Story Board Assistance

    *

    Heather White
        * Araby Patch
        * Arielle Hoffman
        * Bill Mollison
        * Ellmer Willmes
        * ...and all the conscious souls which
have touched our spirits along the journey!