[Sdpg] Financial Permaculture: Greening a Rural American Community October 24-28, 2008 Hohenwald, Tennessee

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Fri Jul 18 16:34:03 PDT 2008

<http://www.solari.com/blog/?p=1248>Event - October 2008: "Financial
Permaculture"

http://www.solari.com/blog/?p=1248
July 18, 2008 at 11:07 am

Financial Permaculture: Greening a Rural American Community
October 24-28, 2008
<http://www.hohenwaldtn.org/visitor_001.asp>Hohenwald, Tennessee
Attend our 5-day regenerative business and community development
course and design simulation with the citizens of Hohenwald, Tennessee.

Engage in this participatory event to develop and prototype the tools
and skills you'll need to launch regenerative businesses or encourage
localized investment in your community.

Our course and design simulation will be guided by leading
sustainabilty entrepreneurs:
    * Catherine Austin Fitts, investment advisor, founder of Solari, Inc.
    * David Blume, permaculture designer, author and biofuels expert
    * Andy Langford, permaculutre designer and cofounder of Gaia University
    * Liora Adler, bioregional and community facilitator guru and
cofounder of Gaia University
    * Albert Bates, ecovillage, peak oil and climate guru and founder
of Global Village Institute
    * Jennifer Dauksha-English, permaculture designer and founder of
Center for Holistic Ecology
    * Greg Landua, permaculture designer and director of Ecovillage
Training Center
    * Thomas Hupp, ecoentrepreneur and founder of The Leadership School

You'll learn to: Map the financial ecosystem of a rural community
start and finance a regenerative business, attract and engage with
local investors

You'll be part of: Designing a business plan, including: permaculture
design legal structure financing plan pitching the plan to the local
banking and business community.

Throughout, you will integrate amazing insights on communication and
collaboration:
    * Across cultures
    * Across disciplines
    * Across generations

Who Should Attend: Course is open to students, entrepreneurs, green
business owners, bankers, philanthropists, investors, permaculture
designers, community organizers, social entrepreneurs, attorneys,
financial planners, accountants and local officials. While
Permaculture is not a prerequisite, there will be a recommended
reading list for the event.

Tuition: $500 if you sign up and pay in full by September 24, 2008.
After that date there is a price increase to $750. Send in a $100
deposit to lock in your reduced rate.

Tuition includes: 5-day event and lunch Friday-Tuesday.

You can send deposit and payment to: Center for Holistic Ecology
Memo: Financial Permaculture Event, PO Box 451 Hohenwald, TN 38462

We do accept credit cards but require a 3% processing charge.

For further information:
    * Email: info at holisticecology.org
    * Call: (888) 878-2434, Ext 2

Deposit is nonrefundable after September 24 and prior to that date
80% of payment is refundable. The course begins 10 am Friday, October
24 and ends 4 pm October 28. Once registered we will send you a
confirmation email packet that will include transportation, lodging
and meal recommendations and answers to frequently asked questions.

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
    an educational non-profit since 2000
(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in
order to grow." - Anonymous