[Sdpg] 7/24-26: Conserving water through greywater systems

Marcia Boruta sdecc at igc.org
Tue Jul 22 15:41:19 PDT 2008

Dear Friends of the San Diego Permaculture Center and SDECC,

It's been a long time since I sent a group email.  My email system went down about 9 months ago and I hope this backup system will work for a little while.  So this is a test and an announcement about several workshops this week presented by the Greywater Guerrillas (see announcements below).

Also, save the date, September 21, for a return presentation on Rainwater Harvesting by author Brad Lancaster (time and location TBD).  And finally, join me on Fridays at the Summer Concerts in Old Trolley Barn Park (Adams Ave and Florida).  I staff a table as Chair of the University Heights Park & Recreation Council and I'd love to see you!  The concerts start at 6pm and end at 8pm.  Three more concerts to go on July 25, Aug. 1, and Aug. 8.
Hope you are well and surviving the chaotic times we live in!
Marcia Boruta
San Diego Permaculture Center and the San Diego Economic Conversion Council
(619) 255-6111
P.S. As I wrote this, my monitor died and I had to locate a hand-me-down backup to finish it!  If you have a computer from this decade to donate, let me know!
Greywater Workshop Announcement---
How to disengage from the water grid: Greywater, Rainwater, and Composting Toilets

How to Disengage from the Water Grid- with Rainwater, Greywater, and Composting Toilets. We will connect the water in our lives to local and global water struggles, look at rainwater as a resource, explore options of reusing greywater, and contemplate waterless (composting) toilets. From the apartment, to the house, to the city, ecological sanitation offers a path to a sustainable and just water future.
There will be a 1-hour presentation, followed by a 1-hour answer-and-question session.

Location:
Pearson Fuels/ EcoCenter
4001 El Cajon Blvd
San Diego, CA 92105
Tel: 619.243.0410

Date/Time:
Thursday, July 24, 6:30pm-8:30pm

The room cost $200, plus $200 for the instructor's travel expenses. There is a suggested $5 donation.

Everyone is welcome to come, but please RSVP by emailing me at jocofran at gmail.com or through one of the meetup groups.

For more info about the presenters go to: www.greywaterguerrillas.com
Space is limited for the following workshops!