[Sdpg] THE SKILLS FOR NEW MILLENNIUM TOUR 2009-2010 The PermiBus II is Coming to Town!

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Sun Feb 22 10:56:26 PST 2009

ANNOUNCING:
THE SKILLS FOR NEW MILLENNIUM TOUR 2009-2010
Putting the Green in the Red, White, And Blue!

The PermiBus II is Coming to Town!

The world is changing fast ö peak oil, climate
change, globalization, difficult economic times,
banking crisis, government infringement of
personal rights·the list goes on.

What new world will emerge as we boldly step into
this new millennium?What will you contribute to
shaping the future? What skills do you need to
create your tomorrow?

The Skills for New Millennium Tour hits the road
again in 2009 bringing you skills you need to
meet the challenges of the New Millennium. Change
can be intimidating. Therefore, the skills we
offer; grounded in decades of activism, poverty,
and spiritual consciousness; emphasize making
small, marginal changes that are critical to
survival in difficult economic times, changes
that help you live what you believe.

The improved Earth Activist Training (EAT)
Permaculture Demonstration Bus (Permibus II) is
on the road, visiting communities nationwide, in
order to offer you and your community practical
skills to help you wrest control of your life
from corporate hands. The PermiBus is a 36-foot
mobile permaculture demonstration project in
progress; complete with solar power, greywater
system, herb garden, composting toilet, three
dogs, a clutch of chickens, and a box of
worms.ÊÊÊOur goal? To teach practical skills that
make you and your community more environmentally
and economically sustainable.
The Skills for the New Millennium Tour offers
programs to anyone who wants to host a Skills
Event: individuals, community groups, high
schools, colleges, intentional communities....We
know that community needs are diverse, so we
offer a wide variety of program options that can
be mixed and matched to best meet your needs. In
addition we can bring the Permibus to your local
Co-op, event, or festival. We provide tours of
our permaculture systems, perform the
permi-puppet show, and teach short informationals
to demonstrate the simple ways folks can take
fun, easy steps toward more sustainable lives.

SKILLS TOUR PROGRAMS:
We offer a variety of programs in the areas of:
vÊÊÊÊHomesteading Skills such as a variety of
Permaculture classes, canning, and chickens
vÊÊÊÊCitizenship Skills such as community
conflict resolution, consensus,Êand nonviolent
direct action
vÊÊÊÊLife Skills such as self-defense, rearing
wild children, and understanding your companion
animals
We can mix and match or combine trainings to your
communityâs needs.ÊÊTo see a complete list of our
offerings visit our website at www.permibus.org

SUPPORT THE SKILLS TOUR

1)ORGANIZE SKILLS TOUR PROGRAMS IN YOUR
COMMUNITY: You'll find a general schedule of our
travels below.. Contact us if you are interested
in organizing trainings in your community. The
Skills Tour programs are designed to range from
small classes in the bus or your living room to
campus classrooms to large venues with big groups.

2)INVITE THE PERMIBUS II TO AN EVENT IN YOUR
COMMUNITY:The Permibus II is a great educational
addition to festivals, concerts, coops, farmers
markets, and other events. Let us know about
events in your region while we are there. Invite
us to a festival you are planning, or set us up
with your local health food store or farmers
market.

3)DONATE MONEY: The Skills for a New Millennium
Tour does not charge for our programs. We ask for
donations from who support our work. Please give
as generously as possible to support this
important work. Or organize a fundraiser in your
community: have a canning party, hold a house
concert, tell your friends about our work, pass
the hat...we survive on the margin and every
little bit helps. The 2009/2010 Skills Tour is
starting $5000 in debt due to the need to replace
our bus.ÊÊDonations are needed now more than
ever.ÊÊTo donate visit our website at
www.permibus.org.Ê

4)HELP OUR NETWORK GROW:Connected up? Help weave
the web of sustainability. Introduce us to your
friends who might be interested in hosting a
program in their community!

5)ÊBE A GUEST TRAINER OR TRAINER IN TRAINING:
Know some of your own Skills for a New
Millennium?ÊÊWant to learn how to teach our
skills? Travel with the Skills Tour for a short
period of time learning, sharing and teaching
others!

2009/2010 GENERAL TOUR SCHEDULE:
March/April 2009Ê- Northwest Region: Washington and Oregon.
April/May 2009Ê- California
June 2009Ê- Northwest Region: Washington and Oregon
July 2009Ê- Rocky Mountain West:ÊÊIdaho, Montana, Wyoming, The Dakotas
August/September 2009Ê- Midwest: Minnesota, Iowa,
Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio
September/October 2009- Northeast: Upstate New
York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine.
October/November 2009Ê- East Coast:
Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New
York City area, Pennsylvania, New Jersey,
Delaware, DC
November/December 2009/January 2010Ê- South East:
Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee,
North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida
February/March 2010: South: Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas
April 2010:ÊSouth West: New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Utah,
May/June 2010:ÊCentral US: Colorado, Nebraska,
Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa
June/July/August 2010:ÊCanada

If you wish to schedule an event in your area
please contact us skillstour at gmail.com
(406)721-8427. As we finalize events our schedule
is posted on our websitewww.permibus.org. The
schedule is subject to change based on the
availability of events in an area and our ability
to get into Canada.

Skills for a New Millennium Tour
150 Daly Ave, Hamilton MT 59840
(406)721-8427 (406)544-2767