[Sdpg] Advanced Indigenous Permaculture Design Course May 26-june 4 2009 Wisconsin /Juan Nelson Rojas and Ronaldo Lec Ajcot of the Mesoamerican Permaculture Institute (IMAP)

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Thu Apr 30 05:10:51 PDT 2009

Advanced Indigenous Permaculture Design Course May 26-june 4  2009
Wisconsin /Juan Nelson Rojas and Ronaldo Lec Ajcot of the
Mesoamerican Permaculture Institute (IMAP)

http://www.sustainabledevelopmentinstitute.org/AdvancedPermaculture2009/index.asp

This course will incorporate traditional indigenous knowledge of
agricultural practices with permaculture design principles, ethics,
and characteristics. We will explore the practical aspects of
permaculture through study and application of permaculture design
methods and principals in the areas of microclimates, soils, water,
earthworks, gardening, animal husbandry, aquaculture, seeds, plants,
and distribution, site design, market and food preservation, forest
gardens, maps and plans, including comprehensive comunity food
systems. The course will be 72 hour of hands-on and classroom
instruction.

Co-Facilitators for the course are Juan Nelson Rojas and Ronaldo Lec
Ajcot of the Mesoamerican Permaculture Institute (IMAP). Tsyunhehkwa
and Oneida Nation Program staff will offer instruction in many of the
topic areas currently being practiced as a part of the Oneida
Community Integrated Food System

Tsyunhehkw^ is an Agricultural Community and Culturally based program
of the Oneida Nation of Wisconsin. Our Agricultural component is
located at 139 Riverdale Drive, on a Certified Organic 83-acre site.
Our program is founded on Self Sustainability, and service for the
Oneida Nation and the Community. Our entire operation and services
are open to the public. We have three main components, Agriculture,
Cannery and Retail. Our primary focus is on Self-Sustainability and
food security. Our staff of 13 people works to meet our Community's
needs and our goals. However, we could not accomplish this without
the support and help of the Oneida Nation, our community and friends.