[Sdpg] Gunter Pauli ZERI training in Santa Barbara Dec 3-5, early bird reg is Oct 29

Quail Springs info at quailsprings.org
Sat Oct 17 17:35:23 PDT 2009

Gunter Pauli, famous eco-entrepreneur and passionate
proponent of green development worldwide comes to
Southern California this December.

EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION October 29!

How can we evolve from an economy based on scarcity to an economy based on
abundance?

How can we emulate ecosystems where no one is unemployed, everyone
contributes to the best of
their abilities and the concept of waste does not exist?

Delve into these questions and more with Gunter Pauli this December in Santa
Barbara, California!

Gunter Pauli founded "Zero Emissions Research and Initiatives" (ZERI) at the

United Nations University in Tokyo, and subsequently established The Global
ZERI Network, redesigning production and consumption into clusters of
industries inspired by natural systems.  With entrepreneurial activities
spanning
business, culture, science, politics and the environment, he is dedicated to
design
and implement a society and industries which respond to people's needs using

what is available from nature.   View a summary of Gunter Pauli's latest
book, The
Blue Economy at www.quailsprings.org/CEC/BlueEconomy.pdf

**********************

The ZERI approach

*  seeks sustainable solutions that are practical, affordable, and
informative.
*  challenges the dominant mind set rooted in the scarcity principle and
poverty consciousness.
*  builds a new kind of leadership, stimulating creativity and innovation.
*  affirms the creative potential of each individual and their unique
contribution towards the development of themselves and their
communities.
*  explores the deep science that informs the workings of nature through fun

filled stories; and thus paves the way towards the creation of a new breed
of scientists, business leaders, and citizens working with nature.

**********************

ZERI training with Gunter Pauli
December 3-5, 2009
Orella Ranch, Gaviota Coast, north of Santa Barbara, CA

In this course you will learn how to evolve from a model of sustainability
that requests you to
invest more, save some and then earn back, to a model where you can invest
less of your
purchasing power to achieve multiple benefits while building social capital.
Diverse case
studies will demonstrate that this model for sustainability is not only
possible, it has been
implemented in the North and the South, in rural, peri-urban and inner-city
environments.

A dialogue will emerge around the characteristics of the economy that
operates "on what we
do not have" (loans, mortgages, credit cards, energy sources, mineral
deposits ...) and an
economy that is capable to respond to all basic needs with what is locally
available. The
methodology is case study based arriving at insights on how we can create a
pathway from
one to the other by applying principles of production and consumption,
societal organization
and desire towards the promotion of life and living conditions.

Whereas we desire to change the world around us, nothing is more pervasive
and necessary
than changing the world inside us. How can we want society to be sustainable
when we are
not sustainable ourselves? The course will evolve from mere "sustainability"
to making
"health" our priority. The shift from energy and material saving to health
without infringing
on sustainability will be clarified with concrete examples.

Course Fees  Residential Course includes onsite tent camping accommodations
and delicious
catered meals at Orella Ranch, Gaviota, CA

$575 Early Bird, payment in full due by October 29, 2009
$675 Tuition, payment in full due by November 19, 2009