[Sdpg] Hands-On Rain Harvesting/Tank Installation Workshop

Brook Sarson brook at h2o-me.com
Wed Jan 20 22:16:04 PST 2010

Hands-On Rain Harvesting/Tank Installation Workshop

Sunday, January 31 9am-4pm, Potluck lunch

Class cost: $55

  Are you watching all this rain go down the drain?  Learn about
different rain storage options, important steps to remember when
implementing any water harvesting strategies and how to use your
stored water at this hands-on workshop.   Brook Sarson, water
harvesting professional, with H2OME (www.h2o-me.com), along with KC
Montgomery, licensed and insured plumber, with Monty’s Plumbing (www.montysplumbing.com
) will walk you through a 1000 gallon tank installation and a 750
gallon tank installation at a home in Scripps Ranch.

  The class will start with a site introduction, followed by an hour
presentation on rainwater harvesting strategies and considerations.
Then we will discuss the specifics of our site, our materials, and
begin work to connect our gutter downspouts through filters to our
rainwater tanks.

  You should walk away from this workshop with enough information to
either make an informed decision about what can be done at your site
by Brook and KC, or you will know how to install your own water tanks,
and have access to resources to help you complete your project.

  Class size is limited, so please RSVP soon to Brook at brook at h2o-me.com
, or call 619.964.4838, to reserve your spot.  Please bring a dish to
share for lunch!