[Sdpg] Guapamacátaro NEWS (Mexico)

Alicia Marvan a at aliciamarvan.com
Mon May 10 11:39:02 PDT 2010

Dear Friends and Supporters of <http://www.guapamacataro.org>Guapamacátaro,

We have just completed our fifth annual
interdisciplinary residency in art and ecology at
the hacienda. The site was rediscovered,
explored, intervened and put to rest once again,
in total hosting 20 artists, educators and
activists from as near as Toluca, Mexico and as
far as London, UK. There were many rich
experiences, both inspiring and challenging, but
in the end, it all became about exchange and
collaboration. Please visit
<http://amarvan.wordpress.com/>my new blog for a
detailed report and some really amazing
photographs of the artists and their work.

WHAT LIES AHEAD

September 1-15, 2010: Theater Project with
<http://www.maboumines.org>Mabou Mines
I was approached by the NY theater company Mabou
Mines to do a residency with us to work on their
project currently in development titled
"<http://www.maboumines.org/productions/corn>Corn".
It will be a great opportunity for research,
collaboration and community building.

October/November, 2010: Design/Architecture
Project with
<http://www.hunterprojects.com>DodoLab
Thanks to
<http://freedimensional.org/>freeDimensional's
amazing support and networking skills, we have
established a partnership with the Canadian
creative team Dodolab, which expressed interest
in a fall residency that focuses on innovative
design and architecture applications of local
invasive plants.

Spring 2011: "Return" Residency
Due to past residencies' short duration and an
interest in developing continuity, memory and
collective history, in Spring 2011 we are
inviting back all past residents to celebrate the
program's 5th anniversary! Proposals from new
artists will be considered for 2011 Summer and
Fall sessions only (application details will be
available late 2010).

FUNDRAISING

We are in great need to cover administrative
expenses and infrastructure repairs this year.
PLEASE CONSIDER MAKING A
<https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=EdZ6h9yNRTjveEWx8ncm_RXVSVjqCFVANfgRLt0GR0vV9ETn7ICqLOFW4My&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f059ee17e99acf19529de9a5cb8b345b6900ea9ca1a1bd814>DONATION
through our PayPal site. Your generous
contribution, large or small, will be of great
benefit to the project.

Thank you, have a wonderful Summer!

--
Alicia Marván, Director