[Sdpg] Sustainable World Radio Interview with David Holmgren/Future Scenarios: How Communities Can Adapt to Peak Oil and Climate Change.

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Thu May 13 06:03:35 PDT 2010

Hi Everybody,

People have been asking me how they can listen to Sustainable World
Radio since I'm taking a break from broadcasting live on local
community radio station KCSB.  There are a couple of different ways
to tune in. Sustainable World Podcasts can now be heard on my
website- www.sustainableworldradio.com and on ITunes. Many of my
interviews and past shows are posted online, as well as some new
interviews (with more to follow), and lots of perennial favorites
including: Mushrooms Can Save the World with Paul Stamets, Botanical
Medicine with Kami McBride, Keyline Design with Darren Doherty, and
Homescale Permaculture with Toby Hemenway.

Wes Roe of the Santa Barbara Permaculture Network and I were pleased
to spend some time on the phone with Permaculture Co-Founder David
Holmgren.  We have a two part interview to show for it that will
hopefully make you laugh, teach you some things about how to
contribute and thrive in an energy descent world, and reassure you
that "the party may not be over."

I'm thrilled that the Internet exists and that many people around the
world are listening to and learning from the amazing guests that I've
been able to speak with over the past six years. It's inspiring to be
surrounded by such incredible teachers, earth stewards, plant people,
and permaculturists who are sharing their skills and knowledge at
such a critical time.

Thanks for your support and for listening.

Jill Cloutier

http://www.sustainableworldradio.com/

Permaculture- The Beginning of a Worldwide Movement- Part 1
Part 1 of a 2 part interview with David Holmgren, the co-originator
of Permaculture.  Holmgren is co-author of Permaculture One, the book
that introduced Permaculture to the world.  In part one of this
interview, Holmgren speaks about the beginnings of Permaculture, his
home Melliodora; one of the best documented and well known
Permaculture demonstration sites, and his book Future Scenarios: How
Communities Can Adapt to Peak Oil and Climate Change.  Interview by
Jill Cloutier of Sustainable World, and Wes Roe of the Santa Barbara
Permaculture Network.
http://pdcastsusworldradio.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=583537

Permaculture in an Energy Descent World- Part 2 of an Interview with
David Holmgren
Part 2 of a 2 part interview with David Holmgren, the co-originator
of Permaculture. In part two of this interview, Holmgren talks about
his book Future Scenarios: How Communities Can Adapt to Peak Oil and
Climate Change, and shares with us his ideas of what living in an
energy descent world might be like, and why "the party may not be
over".  Interview by Jill Cloutier of Sustainable World, and Wes Roe
of the Santa Barbara Permaculture Network.

http://pdcastsusworldradio.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=587339