[Sdpg] Peacemaking & Permaculture PDC Davis at D-Q University, Native American University

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed Jul 14 06:21:00 PDT 2010

Dear Friend,

On the outskirts of Davis, California lies a 640-acre farm - the home
of D-Q University, the only Native American university in the United
States not on reservation land. It is a place of great dreams and
great hopes.

This September, collaboration between the Regenerative Design
Institute and D-Q University will bring together an incredible array
of permaculture teachers and Native American instructors for two
weeks of intensive training in permaculture design,
inter-generational mentoring and cultural connections.

We invite you to spend two weeks participating in an amazing
experience of revitalizing land and people.
The course will introduce the ancient principles of the Great Law of
Peace, originally brought to the people of the Five Nations hundreds
of years ago to help restore peace to their warring nations.

Together with hands-on training in the principles of permaculture,
this course will provide an experience of beginning to heal our
relationships to the Earth and each other. The gift will be helping
to revitalize a site rich in possibilities for future generations of
indigenous people.

Permaculture Design Certification Course
Offered: September 3-18
Location: D-Q University, Davis, California

Instructors: <http://www.z2systems.com/nps//servlet/DisplayLink?orgId=regenerativedesign&emailId=36237&linkId=1965&targetUrl=http://www.regenerativedesign.org/pennybio>Penny
Livingston-Stark, <http://www.z2systems.com/nps//servlet/DisplayLink?orgId=regenerativedesign&emailId=36237&linkId=1967&targetUrl=http://www.regenerativedesign.org/jonbio>Jon
Young, Tom Ward, David Ortiz, Edward Willie
and <http://www.z2systems.com/nps//servlet/DisplayLink?orgId=regenerativedesign&emailId=36237&linkId=1964&targetUrl=http://www.regenerativedesign.org/jamesbio>James
Stark
Find out more about the Peacemaking and Permaculture Design
Certification Course on our
<http://www.z2systems.com/nps//servlet/DisplayLink?orgId=regenerativedesign&emailId=36237&linkId=1969&targetUrl=http://regenerativedesign.org/courses-events/permaculture-design-certification-courses>website!
http://regenerativedesign.org/courses-events/permaculture-design-certification-courses
We hope to see you there!

Regenerative Design Institute
P.O. Box 923 | Bolinas, California, 94924
415-868-9681

RDI's Permaculture Design Courses
In our permaculture design certification courses, you will learn how
to observe and use the same principles that make ecological systems
self-sustaining and apply them to integrated homes and gardens. In
addition, you will learn how to apply these principles to energy
systems and water supplies, healthy communities, meaningful and
fulfilling work, ecological economies and global political movements
for change.
The course also weaves together the principles and practices of
permaculture with nature awareness - participate in activities that
deepen your awareness and intimacy with the rest of the natural
world. Our program is founded on the reality that we are nature and
have an amazing role in our watershed ecosystems.
Throughout it all, you'll be engaged in learning and experiencing an
empowering way of living in the world, surrounded and supported by
like-minded people and instructors. Our goal is to make you a part of
our farm community, incorporating our seasonal activities into your
permaculture experience as time permits. Activities may include
spring and fall pruning, seed planting, plant propagation, bed
preparation, compost pile making, water harvesting techniques,
natural building and other activities.
Each of our permaculture design certification courses includes the following:

	*	Permaculture principles and ethics
	*	Reading the landscape
	*	Pattern and pattern application
	*	Water harvesting
	*	Swale building
	*	Zone and sector analysis
	*	Climate and micro climate
	*	Mapping
	*	Urban permaculture
	*	Land access
	*	Community building
	*	Plant guilds
	*	Food forests and agroforestry
	*	The design process, principles, strategies and techniques
	*	Bird language and nature awareness
	*	Soil building and sheet mulching
	*	Pond management and ecology
	*	Earthworks and natural building
	*	Grey water systems
	*	Bioremediation
	*	Renewable energy systems
	*	Forest management
	*	Watershed management
	*	Group work on a conceptual design project