[Sdpg] Earthen Plaster Basics Workshop Dec 4-5 Quail Springs

Quail Springs info at quailsprings.org
Fri Nov 26 13:46:15 PST 2010

Earthen Plaster Basics Workshops
with Paul Swenson, land steward and natural builder

December 4-5, 2010: Space is available, inquire now!

Let's get muddy! Experience the joy & beauty of Earthen Plasters...
Learn the basics of identifying material, mixing, and applying earthen
plasters.

WHERE: Quail Springs Learning Oasis and Permaculture Farm in the Upper
Cuyama Valley in Southern California (www.quailsprings.org)

Who is this workshop for?

This workshop is designed for anyone interested in learning the basics of
earthen plastering through a hands-on approach. No experience necessary.
And, those involved in conventional building & finish work who want to
explore natural materials are welcome and encouraged. We're going to get our
hands in the mud!

What will the workshop offer?

Learn by doing with guidance - the basics of identifying appropriate
materials sourced from the earth as well as fibers and special additions to
achieve various results. Our experiential learning will involve mixing of
materials and the application of a base coat plaster to a straw bale house
thus developing body memory & the feeling of natural plastering. We will
also learn how to make cob, a versatile natural building material.

Cost: $150 for a 2-day workshop, includes hands-on instruction, nourishing
meals, and camping nearby.

We look forward to sharing this experience with you!

Paul Swenson practices land stewardship & natural building as one of the
founding team at Quail Springs Permaculture Farm. He has intensively studied
straw bale construction, earthen ovens, earthen floors, and earthen plasters
with Justin Kirmse of Living Craft Project (www.livingcraftproject.org).

$150 for 2-day workshop, includes hands-on instruction, catered meals. Early
registration is advised.
Contact: Kolmi at info at quailsprings.org or 805-886-7239 to learn more &
register