[Sdpg] Solstice Greetings!

Fairy & Human Relations Congress info at fairycongress.com
Tue Dec 21 22:23:36 PST 2010

Solstice Greetings!

I'm becoming more and more aware that the magic that happens around Christmas magic is really fairy magic, and this time of year is a fairy festival. All those little lights that twinkle in the dark..those are fairies! all those elves...well they're really elves! and Santa..well maybe he's the shaman...Solstice is a wonderful time to make offerings of milk, honey, and song to the fairies. What kind of magic can the fairies offer you? The Scandinavian pagans would decorate their trees to delight the fairies. For many the topper on the tree was a fairy. this was later changed to be an angel. Fairies...Angels...invite them in! Enjoy the magic...the feast, the celebration of delights and lights, the light within, the turning of the seasons, and the thinning of the veils.

On this darkest night of the year, how brightly can you shine?

Blessings from the Crow Bar,
Jan

The origins of Santa Claus should remind us that we are intrinsically  part of the cold wind whistling past our window as we huddle in front of  a fire waiting for the Invincible Sun to return. Santa should remind us  that Pan, the all encompassing Spirit of Nature, is just that, all  encompassing. We, all of us, are included within the beauty of a rose  opening and seeing the sun for the first time, or a hatchling stretching  its wings, or the gentle babble of a brook speaking to us in a language  we could understand if we choose to become still.
- Richard Sandore

2011 Fairy Congress

On the other side of the calendar,  the 2011 Fairy Congress is shaping into something...well ...magical! (Interesting how these co-creative endeavours have a life of their own!) The dates are set for June 24 - 26, 2011. Mark your calendars! We will be joined by Orion Foxwood and Brooke Medicine Eagle. Workshops on nature communication, plant shamanism, going through the veils, Faerie ritual...and more.

In 2011 we will be exploring meeting the fairies in our full humanity. How do we need to be to forge solid vibrant relationships with the fairies? How do we celebrate this? How do we be fully vibrant?

If you register before March 15, it's $215 for adults ...looking for that late holiday present?

Registation Information

Workshops & Presenters

www.fairycongress.com  http://www.fairycongress.com

Becoming Adepts!

The Fairy Congress and Skalitude Retreat will be offering workshops thoughout the year in order to take what we are learning at the Congress to new depths. Our goal is to become Adepts at Communication and Co-Creating with Nature!

The first in this series is a 5 day retreat in Weather Shamanism with Nan Moss & David Corbin, authors of Weather Shamanism: Harmonizing Our Connection with the Elements and CloudDancing: Wisdom from the Sky. April  27 - May 1, 2011

We are setting up a scholarship fund for these workshops. Stay tuned.

Also in the works: Vision Quest and Plant Shamanism

more info on Weather Shamanism  http://www.fairycongress.com/fc2011/2011_weathershaman.htm

On Facebook!

We keep playing with the idea of  creating a directory so that  everyone can keep in touch and carry the  magic forward through the year.

 Until  we get organized, the closest thing we have to a directory is Facebook!

Fairy Congress on Facebook!  http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=62076000434&ref=ts

In The News

This year, we had a number of  journalists from newspapers and TV  stations. Next year, we'll have a  media relations person so they don't  end up right in the middle of  ritual. Saphir who was our wonderful front  gate deva, handles all the  media relations for the Oregon Country Fair. (The folks on our Council  are nothing short of amazing!)

So here's what is being said about us!

Annual Fairy Congress Draws Diverse Crowd (Wenatchee World)

10th Annual Fairy Congress gathers near Twisp (KXLY News Spokane)

and in Japanese

Skalitude in the snow!

Looking for a Winter wonderland vacation. Contact Lindsey

www.skalitude.com  http://www.skalitude.com

Fairy blessings from the Council!

Lindsey, Jan, Skeeter, Colby, Shoshana, Saphir, Ruth, Suki, and Burke

“Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
      - Harold Thurman Whitman

“We resolve instead to dedicate ourselves to the terrain that has claimed us, to meet the generosity of the land with a kind of wild faithfulness.”
    - David Abram “The Spell of the Sensuous”

Weather Shamanism, April 27 - May 1, 2011, Skalitude

with Nan Moss & David Corbin

Weather Shamanism is about the shaman’s long-held,   respected task of looking after relations between the human community   and the beings and spirits of Nature. As a practice of spiritual   ecology, weather shamanism is for those who care about the viability of   our planet and who sincerely wish to work on behalf of restoration and   well-being for our present times – as well as for a world our   descendants will thank us for.

more info...  http://www.fairycongress.com/fc2011/2011_weathershaman.htm

RJ Stewart - The Sea Temple Retreat, March 3-6, Orcas Island, WA

It is almost ten years since our last Sea Temple retreat, held on the Olympic Peninsula. In that decade the world has changed in so many ways and at a rapid pace. The Sea Temple holds the gateways for planetary change from within the deepest heart of our world...the ocean that regenerates all life throughout the ages. It also holds the Mystery of how that planetary heart connects to the starry cosmos.

Join us to attune to the flowing tides of compassionate change that the Sea Temple has to offer. In ancient times, and in the esoteric tradition, it was called the Hidden Temple, as its powers flowed in the depths of the ocean, beneath the volcanoes and mountains of the upper world. Today we can attune to this Hidden Temple through our unique Inner Temple methods.

The Sea Temple is the temple of the West, of love and compassion.
On the inner spiritual dimensions, we will work together to come into communion with the powers of the Sea Temple, with the inner priestesses and priests, and advanced spiritual contacts who reach out to us with compassionate support during eras of great change. What we choose to contribute, our input, has a part to play in planetary changes. We will also work directly with two powerful goddess figures of the ocean, the inner powers of the West, and the spiritual forces of unconditional love and transformation.

Contact Allen at amoore98005 at yahoo.com for more info

2011 Permaculture Design Course, July 10-24, Skalitude

The course covers the traditional Mollison permacultu...re  curriculum as well as local knowledge. The species and techniques will  be aimed at the Inland Northwest which includes Eastern Washington,  Eastern Oregon, Idaho, Western Montana and southern Interior British  Columbia.  Participants from other bioregions are welcome.  The main  focus is learning permaculture principles and design methodology. The  principles and methodology, once learned, can be applied and adapted to  any site.

Instructors: Michael Pilarski, Andrew Millison, Josho Somine and more!

Early registration: $950 by April 10. contact Lindsey skalitude at gmail.com

2011 Permaculture Design Course  http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=155922884421763&index=1

Fairy & Human Relations Congress - Skalitude Retreat Center, POB 74 - Carlton - WA - 98114

Subscribe to this newsletter:
Change your preferences:
Forward to a friend:
http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/tools/forward.php?username=jkinsey&newsletter_id=1410422695&send_id=2312127977
https://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/tools/abuse_report.php?username=jkinsey&send_id=2312127977&email=sdpg@arashi.com

This email was sent using MyNewsletterBuilder.com.