[Sdpg] Latest News from the Fairy Congress!

Fairy & Human Relations Congress info at fairycongress.com
Thu May 19 01:14:43 PDT 2011

Latest News May

Register before June 15!

We're extending our early registration to June 15. $250 for adults- that includes 3 days of workshops, meals ...everything!

complete registration info ...

What's New at the Congress this year?
It's our 11th year of the Fairy Congress!! We are into a new decade of celebrating our co-creative world with the fairies. Amazing!! Every year we try to offer workshops that appeal to both new people coming for the first time, and old-timers who have been with us more years than not.

On Friday afternoon, Mary Getten will be teaching two 1.5 hour workshops back to back, on communicating  with nature, both physical and non-physical. The first is on 'Opening your Telepathic Senses' and the second on 'Communicating with the Devas of Skalitude'.  Mary has taught at all of the Congresses except for last year when she  was travelling, she is one of our favorite presenters! This two-part  workshop is a great way to gain confidence in your communication skills -  and having confidence makes a huge difference in using those skills!  The Devas at Skalitude have grown with the Congress over the last  decade, we are all excited to hear what information will come through  during this workshop.

On Saturday afternoon, Freya Secrest will be offering a 3 hour workshop on 'Connecting to the Subtle Realms of Nature'.  Freya lived at Findhorn in the 1970's and is a long-time associate of  both David Spangler and Dorothy Maclean, serving as director of their  Lorian Association. We are thrilled to have her at the Congress this  year, honoring our connection with both Findhorn and Lorian.

On Monday, Orion Foxwood, will be offering a longer workshop on the threefold flame techniques from the Faery Seership tradition. Orion is the author of The Tree of Enchantment and The Faery Teachings, and is a well-known spokesman in the Celtic Faery tradition. (There is a separate cost of $65 for this workshop)

Two of our new presenters this year, John Crawford and Bridgit Wolf of Fairy Woodlands,  are offering workshops on crafting magical objects to be used as portals to  seeing and working with the fairy realm. These objects will also be  imbued with the powerful energies of the Congress, a great way to bring  fairies and magic home with you!! They have a very powerful video that can be viewed at http://youtu.be/cZURERtex38?t=31s

For a complete list of workshops go to www.fairycongress.com

Bringing our Full Human Magnificence to our Relationship with the Fairies
This year's theme! Nature has asked us to step forward more in our full capacity as humans. It's the entirety of who you are that makes you human - your sensuality, your shadow, your amazing capacity for love, your instincts and your rational mind and your sometimes "irrational" behavior. It's how you dance, it's how you touch, how you move in spirit, and how you move in ordinary reality, and how you walk between the worlds. It's the entirety of all this and more and this integration that makes you powerful as a human.

This is in part what we are celebrating this year!

Celebration and Ceremonies
There is tremendous energy brewing around the Saturday evening ritual! We have come to feel this is one of the most important elements of the Congress, when we can all pool our hearts and energy into creating change to heal the world.

This year, people will need to have a small hand drum or a rattle to use during the ritual. Rattles are really easy to make, you can make one at home - use tupperware, plastic pipe, or cardboard rolls from toilet paper or paper towels, decorate and put a spoonful of beans or pebbles inside and voila! instant rattle!!!

“This place that you live in and many other places in your country suffer from drought, too much rain, shortages, many problems.

 There is a reason for this misfortune, for you have not been doing ceremonies, gathering together, thanking the earth, the gods, the Sun, the sea for your lives.

This is missing here.

Without celebration, the gods are unhappy and bring misery to us.  The ceremonies, gathering together, celebrating together – this is the love or energy that the gods live on…”

Nan Moss & David Corbin, who recently lead teachings of Weather Shamanism at Skalitude reminded us of this timely wisdom from Don Jose Matsuwa, a respected elder shaman of the Huichol people. He said these words during his visit to New  York and California in the 1970’s. Don Matsuwa is said to have wept as he worked in ceremony on our behalf, seeing the frightful lack of balance in our world.  He related how in his country people work in anticipation of disasters and offer ceremonies to avoid them.

Worktrade
There are still plenty of half-trade positions open, please contact worktrade at fairycongress.com to sign up! Pay just $100 and work 10 hours during the Congress with fun, like-minded folks! A very affordable way to enjoy the Congress!

worktrade info ...  http://www.fairycongress.com/fc2011/2011_worktrade.htm

Our facebook page is always a good way to stay up to date on changes and find like minded folks!

www.facebook.com/fairycongress  http://www.facebook.com/fairycongress

Fairy blessings from the Council - hope to see you this summer!

Lindsey, Jan, Skeeter, Shoshana, Saphir, Ruth, Suki, Burke, and Andrea & Tim

Northwest Herbal Fair, Aug 19-21

The NW Herbal Fair is one of our sister events. Join us as we welcome back the village herbalist!!! This fair is back after a 5 year hiatus by very popular demand!!

* Over 150 workshops  * Over 70 teachers - herbalists, healers, wildcrafters and health practitioners  * Herbal Marketplace,  50+ vendors * Entertainment, musicians, singing & dancing   * A fun-filled weekend of camping   * Held near Mt. Vernon, WA

If you wish to get on the email list for Herbal Fair, click preferences at the top of the email!

www.nwherbalfair.com  http://www.nwherbalfair.com

 A Deepening in Nature – A Quest for Vision (Sept 7-11) at Skalitude

Mark your calendars! This is an opportunity for you to do a solo quest.  First      priority will be given to Fairy Congress attendees. We often hear    from   attendees that they want to go deeper into the nature    communication   work. Here is a chance for you to just. Be. Still.

Skalitude has 160 acres of wilderness and we're surrounded by National Forest on 4 sides. There is lots of room for everyone!

Let us know if you're interested  by     emailing us at info at fairycongress.com. Details will be announced  as   we   get closer to the dates.

“Life    does not have to consist of bipeds who move and breathe and smoke    cigars as we do. I have said it before and I say it again, ­ the    universe is a gigantic chamber of possibility where everything has the    chance and the right to happen, and so we must not have cut-and-dry    theories regarding just how life should look. Life could surprise us!"
      - Credo Mutwa
 The official historian of the Zulu Nation

"The world is holy. We are  holy.   All life is holy. Daily prayers are delivered on the lips of  breaking   waves, the whisperings of grasses, the shimmering of leaves."
      - Terry Tempest Williams

Fairy & Human Relations Congress - Skalitude Retreat Center, POB 74 - Carlton - WA - 98114

Subscribe to this newsletter:
Change your preferences:
Forward to a friend:
http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/tools/forward.php?username=jkinsey&newsletter_id=1410872395&send_id=3289986037
https://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/tools/abuse_report.php?username=jkinsey&send_id=3289986037&email=sdpg@arashi.com

This email was sent using MyNewsletterBuilder.com.