[Sdpg] Hands On Branched Drain Greywater Workshop

Brook Sarson brook at h2o-me.com
Thu May 26 10:20:22 PDT 2011

Cost: $60
Discounts for couples and work study opportunities

Design Lecture including fundamental water harvesting principles,
Branched Drain concepts, and permitting requirements
Friday, June 10
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Location: Talmadge
Attendence is not required, but strongly suggested.

Water Harvesting Tour and Installation Workshop
Saturday, June 11
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Bring your own lunch
Location: Mt. Helix

In this workshop we'll install a branched drain greywater system
according to the principles we learned in the previous evening's
lecture. We will split the water into 8 passive lines feeding fruit
trees and other companion plantings.   We will discuss and design a
guild for one of the trees and evaluate the earthworks.

This will be a chance for homeowners to understand the logistics for
shower, sink, and laundry greywater in a gravity-fed environment.  We
will transform a gently sloping weed/lawn into a food providing
resource, fed primarily from our reclaimed household water.

The workshop will be led by Brook Sarson, water harvesting educator
and permaculturist.  Through her business, H2OME, she has created many
water harvesting landscapes throughout San Diego focusing on simple,
cost-effective rainwater and greywater solutions.  For more
information check out www.h2o-me.com

Limited Space so RSVP soon to Brook at 619.964.4838 or brook at h2o-me.com.
Brook Sarson
H2OME