[Sdpg] 2011 Gatherings!

Friends of the Trees info at friendsofthetrees.net
Fri Jun 3 17:53:49 PDT 2011

2011 Gatherings!

FTS has been producing occasional newsletters since 1978. Many dozens of issues have been printed over the years and mailed or spread from hand to hand.  Nowadays most of my newsletters are emailed. This particular printed version is to try to get the attention of old friends and contacts who don't get, or read, my email newsletters. I have some fantastic events coming up and hope that you are interested in one or more of them.

Michael Pilarski, Friends of the Trees Society
PO Box 826,  Tonasket, WA 98855
(509) 486-4056. friendsofthetrees at yahoo.com
www.friendsofthetrees.net
www.facebook.com/michael.skeeter.pilarski

2011 GATHERINGS !! YOU ARE INVITED!

Here is a list of the gatherings I am involved with this year. I will be at all of them and hope to see you at one or more of them. These are all grass-roots events, creating new paradigms and celebrating the journey. Please help spread the word. We can send brochures and posters on request.

FAIRY & HUMAN RELATIONS CONGRESS
June 24-26
Skalitude Retreat, Twisp, WA
11th annual. This gathering is dedicated to increasing communication and co-creation between humans, nature spirits, devas and the fairy realms. Half work-trades still available. www.fairycongress.com
Early Registration June 15
Click "Preferences" above to get on this mailing list!

NORTHWEST HERBAL FAIR
August 19-21
Fire Mountain Scout Camp, Mount Vernon,  WA
11th NWHF. The NWHF grew from 1996 to 2005 to become the largest, weekend-campout, grassroots, herbal gathering in the region. The NWHF is known for its mix of herbal education, creativity and festivity.
After a five-year hiatus we are back!
* We invite every herbalist in the region to attend.
* We invite every herbal school in the region to have a booth and recruit new students.
* We invite every herbal manufacturer in the region to show off and market their products.
We currently have over 60 presenters confirmed. Check out the current list on our website. We expect at least 70 presenters in 2011 and over 100 workshops. Still taking nominations for workshops. Contact Michael Pilarski.  www.nwherbalfair.com
Early Registration June 15
Click "Preferences" above to get on this mailing list!

NORTHEAST WASHINGTON HERBAL GATHERING
August 13-14
Wild-in Rice Productions, Rice, WA
2nd annual. A small, regional herbal gathering.
Contact: Maureen, maureent at wildblue.net (509) 738-6576

MONTANA HERB GATHERING
July 22-24
Sugar Loaf Lodge, Anaconda, Montana

11th MHG. A sweet, regional herb gathering focused on Montana. Always brings in a great set of teachers including greats from outside the region. Co-founded by Michael Pilarski, and currently being ably run by Kris Hill of Hill Botanicals in Bozeman.
www.montanaherbgathering.org

SINGING ALIVE
September 4-6
Lillebakke, Cosmopolis, WA

5th Annual. A teaching and sharing gathering for ceremonial/devotional song circles, dance & music. Co-founded by Michael Pilarski, and now ably run by Morgan Brent.
www.tribesofcreation.com/singing_alive.html

NORTHWEST PERMACULTURE CONVERGENCE
October 13-16
St. Helens, OR (near Portland)
Columbia  County Fairgrounds
2nd NWPCC. Bringing together permaculturists from around the region. The 2011 theme is “Common Cause”. We are inviting other groups and movements working towards a positive future to learn more about permaculture and look for collaborations and synergies.  If you would like to be a presenter contact Michael Pilarski.
www.nwpermaculture.com

OKANOGAN FAMILY FAIRE
Aka Tonasket Barter Fair
October 20-23 - Tonasket,  WA
38th annual. One of the largest and longest-lived counter-culture gatherings on the West Coast!
www.okanoganfamilyfaire.net

INLAND NORTHWEST PERMACULTURE CONFERENCE
November 4-6
Spokane,  WA
Spokane  Falls Community   College
1st INPC. Bringing together permaculturists and permaculture interested folks from the Cascades Crest to the Rocky Mountain Cordillera. Much of Montana, Idaho, Eastern Washington and Eastern Oregon and a bit of Southern Interior British Columbia. The theme is: "Exploring Pathways to a Positive Future”. We are looking for presenters and participants from around this vast region. Contact Michael Pilarski.
www.inlandnorthwestpermaculture.com

PERMACULTURE DESIGN COURSES UPDATE

I have canceled the July 11-24 PDC scheduled at Skalitude Retreat (largely due to lack of time to do a proper publicity campaign). I will be teaching the 1st annual North Idaho Permaculture Design Course with Marisha Auerbach and Richard Kuhnel near Sandpoint, Idaho, September 8-23. (www.gentleharvest.org/events.shtml). I will be teaching a weekends PDC in Spokane, Washington this next winter with Ed Bryant and guest presenters. I hope to be teaching a PDC in western Montana next Spring.

Sepp Holzer
 Another bit of permaculture news is that Sepp Holzer is coming to Montana in May, 2012! Austrian, Sepp Holzer has built one of the best permaculture sites in Europe. I have just read and highly recommend the new English-language edition of “Sepp Holzer's Permaculture: a Practical Guide to Small-Scale, Integrative Farming and Gardening”. 2011, Chelsea Green Publishing.

CURRENT WORLD SITUATION

Japan was a big ouch! Fukushima is a continuing ouch! The possibilities for more major shake-ups at the global level are many. Climate change at the global level is impacting more and more places negatively with crop losses and damage to infrastructure. Most ecosystems are still going downhill rather than uphill. There are wars and rumors of wars.

As I've said for years, I continue to expect a US currency collapse. LEAP 2020 predicts it will happen in the 2nd half of 2011. If so, how many Americans will be caught blindsided? LEAP 2020 is a European, economic think-tank. I have been reading their Global Europe Anticipation Bulletin online for years and find their information and analysis to be very helpful in understanding the global economic (and political) scene. They used to post all of their long bulletins online but now a lot of their information is only available by subscription.  What they do put up is worth a look-see. www.leap2020.eu

At the same time, I keep noticing all the positive ideas I see sprouting up around me. Local farmers supplying local hospitals and schools with food. Local food production in general. Local currencies, herbalism, recycling, natural building, permaculture, school gardens, local governance, etc, etc.  New paradigms are emerging, consciousness is shifting.  I have a lot of faith that people will rise to the occasion when difficult times demand it. I have no faith in the durability of the current political and financial systems. I have little faith that the globalization of commerce and international shipping networks will continue to move huge streams of goods all around the globe.

My study of permaculture indicates that around the world it is possible to provide most food, energy, and building material at the local and regional level. Permaculture includes highly productive, home gardens and highly productive, integrated agriculture. One goal is to assist all ecosystems to become healthier and healthier. Permaculture involves restoration of local flora and fanua to the extent possible. Live well on a small footprint of land so that more of the landscape can be wild. Humans integrated into the landscape. Urban areas can be improved in many ways. Blah, blah, blah.  Read my writings on my website if you want more info on pathways to a greener future.

Creating new paradigms makes sense whether the empire collapses this year, or in the next ten years, or not at all. Take care of your family, take care of your friends, take care of the Earth. Multitudinous small efforts over time become the new paradigm.  Old paradigms sometimes go down in flames. Be careful. Love is the answer.

Best wishes to all my friends and to any other readers,

Michael Pilarski

 PS. I can use some help on the farm if you have the time and inclination.  A weekend or longer. Tonasket, Okanogan Valley, North-central Washington.

Facebook

Michael Pilarski is on Facebook, and a new website is in the works!

www.facebook.com/michael.skeeter.pilarski: articles, videos, workshops, gatherings and herbs!

Michael Pilarski
Friends of the Trees Society
PO Box 826
Tonasket, WA 98855
(509) 486-4056
michael at friendsofthetrees.net
www.friendsofthetrees.net
www.facebook.com/michael.skeeter.pilarski
Use an explanatory subject line.
 For quicker results - write “Respond quickly” as part of the subject line.

Friends of the Trees - PO Box 826 - Tonasket - WA - 98855

Subscribe to this newsletter:
Change your preferences:
Forward to a friend:
https://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/tools/forward.php?username=jkinsey&newsletter_id=1410894325&send_id=3438079143
https://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/tools/abuse_report.php?username=jkinsey&send_id=3438079143&email=sdpg@arashi.com

This email was sent using MyNewsletterBuilder.com.