[Sdpg] Sustainable World Radio Podcast/What A Waste! The Scoop On Poop and Ecological Wastewater Management Carlo Steinfield Part 1&2

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue Jul 12 23:06:03 PDT 2011

What A Waste! The Scoop On Poop and Ecological Wastewater Management

http://pdcastsusworldradio.libsyn.com/2011/06
http://traffic.libsyn.com/pdcastsusworldradio/Carol_S_Part_1.wav.mp3

Have you ever wondered why we poop in fresh water?  In this interview
author Carol Steinfeld,  of Ecowater Projects, talks about human waste
as a resource.  Carol, co-author of The Composting Toilet System Book
and Reusing the Resource: Adventures in Ecological Wastewater Recycling,
shares her extensive knowledge about human waste management practices
around the globe, innovative ways of re-using this neglected and often
taboo material, and discusses why peeing outside might be a good

What A Waste! The Scoop On Poop and Ecological Wastewater Management-
Part 2 of a 2 Part Interview
http://pdcastsusworldradio.libsyn.com/2011/07

Have you ever wondered why we poop in fresh water?  In Part 2 of an
interview author Carol Steinfeld, we talk more in-depth about human
waste as a resource.  Carol, co-author of The Composting Toilet System
Book and Reusing the Resource: Adventures in Ecological Wastewater
Recycling, shares her extensive knowledge about human waste management
practices around the globe, how to clear human waste of possible
pathogens, and different waste-composting systems for the home.