[Sdpg] Earthflow PDC on CAs Central Coast! September 2012

Matt Finkelstein matt at fourelementsorganics.com
Sat Jul 14 12:20:58 PDT 2012

Hello!

We're currently rallying participants for our annual PDC at Four
Elements Farm with Larry Santoyo and Earthflow Design Works.  We have
lined up a world-class team of guest teachers, including Toby
Hemenway, Brock Dolman, and Scott Pittman.  Four Elements Farm is a
wonderful venue for permaculture instruction, featuring 3 orchards,
biointensive and rare herb gardens, biodiesel station, straw-bale
greenhouse, several forms of habitations, composting toilets, and
surrounded by national forest and native ecology.

If you're interested in permaculture design or looking to complete
your PDC this year, this will be a course not to be missed!  Please
feel free to contact us with any questions :)

Thanks and blessings,
Matt

Matt Finkelstein
Farm Manager, Four Elements Farm
www.fourelementsorganics.com
http://www.facebook.com/FEFarm
415.999.4419 (cell)

Earthflow Permaculture Design Certificate Course
Four Elements Organic Farm
San Luis Obispo County
September 2nd-15th, 2012
Tuition: $1600
includes meals & campsite

An experiential education program.  The curriculum includes inspiring
examples of sustainable land use and human ingenuity from around the
world...

We begin the training with the ethics of earthcare and and in-depth
look at the natural world.  We move from natural patterns to learning
innovative techniques to solve local and global issues of food, water,
shelter, energy and more.  Hands-on training will include many facets
of sustainable farming & gardening and also construction of a cob
oven.  The course concludes with the patterns & principles applied to
EcoVillage Design and Economic Development.  Final Design work is
presented before the Course culminates with a community celebration.

The teaching team is led by Larry Santoyo and includes other leaders
in the world-wide sustainability movement, such as:
Toby Hemingway, author of Gaia's Garden
Brock Dolman, watershed ecology expert from Occidental Arts & Ecology
Center
John Valenzuela, Chairperson, California Rare Fruit Growers, Golden
Gate Chapter
Scott Pittman, Permaculture Institue

Nestled amidst the coastal mountain range of San Luis Obispo County
and surrounded by national forest, the farm's location features
wonderful living and working examples of permaculture design,
including three orchards, a biointensive garden, rare herb garden,
straw-bale greenhouse, composting toilets, bio-diesel production
station, and several types of habitations.  Farm-fresh meals from here
and other local farms will be included.

For any questions and to sign-up, please email Four Elements Farm
Manager, Matt Finkelstein at matt at fourelementsorganics.com