[Sdpg] CommUNITY Building Celebration (Sept. 22nd) WorldBeat Center

Josh Alvord josh at local-earth.org
Thu Sep 13 11:11:37 PDT 2012

*Join us to celebrate the fall equinox on September 22nd!  This is a commUNITY
building event <http://localearthsandiego.wordpress.com/equinox-sd/> with
many fun, inspiring and educational activities to participate in!  There
will be hands-on workshops and presentations from 1:00 - 7:00 PM focused on
permaculture, sustainability, healthy lifestyle, natural building, organic
agriculture, resource management, local currency and renewable energy.
 This is a fun-raising event to kick-off and support the San Diego CommUNITY
Gardening Project<http://localearthsandiego.wordpress.com/community-gardening-project/>
!

In partnership with the World Beat Center
<http://www.worldbeatcenter.org/>supporting the International
Day of Peace, September 21st <http://www.internationaldayofpeace.org/>.

Cost:  Sliding suggested donation $10-20 (no one turned away for lack of
funds).  We also highly value any time, energy, love and material supplies
that participants would like to contribute to the cause.

Volunteer:  Please let us know if you are available to help with the
logistics of this event.  With so much to do we could use help before,
during, and after the big day.  *

*
*

**

*Schedule*
*

Saturday, September 22nd @ The World Beat Center

1:00 - 11:00 PM

1:00 - 7:00 / Tables, hands-on workshops & presentations from Local Earth
and other local organizations promoting sustainable living practices and
systems.

1:00 - 1:30 / Open Ceremony / Red Warriors / Native American Drumming &
Prayer
1:45 - 4:00 / Generation Wake Up Experience (https://vimeo.com/30752846)
4:00 - 5:00 / Yoga w/ live music
5:00 - 6:00 / Soular Panel / Community Round Table Discussion
6:00 - 7:00 / Live Drumming & Dance
7:00 - 11:00 / Live Music, Dance, Performance & Celebration

   - 7:00 - Sister Speak (www.sisterspeakmusic.com)
   - 8:00 - Royal Heart
(www.RoyalHearthMusic.com<http://www.royalhearthmusic.com/>
   )
   - 9:00 - Bateke Beat (www.batekebeat.com)

------------------------------

Community / Workshop / Activity / Education Zones (throughout whole event)

   - Food
   - Water
   - Energy
   - Shelter
   - Economy
   - Resource Management
   - Community Building / Art

------------------------------

Ways for partner organizations/companies/people to collaborate & build
community!

   - assist with planning & collective vision for the event
   - promote the vision & work of your organization at a table in the
   community zone
   - host an interactive workshop
   - volunteer at the event
   - provide an item or service for the silent auction/raffle
   - come to the event & spread the good word to your network!

Guidelines for participation

   - our intention is to create a ZERO waste / Positive Trace Event
   - please bring your own re-usable cutlery & drinking container (there
   will be yummy food provided by the World Beat Center Cafe)
   - if you or your organization are presenting/tabling please be conscious
   of what types of materials and resources you are using
   - please limit printed materials and use recycled paper with
   earth-friendly inks
   - pack-it-in / pack-it-out

*

*~I*n *H*armony with *P*eople & *P*lanet
*J*oshua *A*lvord

Local-*Earth*.org <http://Local-Earth.org>
*6*19.*5*17.*4*469

<http://www.local-earth.org>