[Sdpg] Upcoming Water Harvesting Events

Brook Sarson brook at h2o-me.com
Sun Sep 16 20:55:51 PDT 2012

Hey Everyone!

It's pretty hot and dry this time of year!  Is your landscape
suffering?  It doesn't have to!  Using your washing machine water is a
simple, cost effective way to get more water to your trees and
shrubs.  It's also a good time to plan for your rain collection so
that this time next year you have an abundance of water resources to
meet your landscape needs.  Check out these upcoming opportunities to
learn more!  Spread the word!

	Laundry-to-Landscape Workshop
Sat, September 22, 9:00am – 10:30am
		Olive Branch Green Building Supply
3030 N Park Way, San Diego, CA 92104, USA (map)
			http://www.olivebranchgbs.com/ai1ec_event/greywater/?instance_id=1105
Learn the fundamentals of using greywater with a simple, laundry
greywater system according to county regulations, which requires no
permit.   We have parts on hand to aid discussion and allow for some
hands-on work.  We will also discuss Branched Drain greywater systems
to highlight how to use your water in simple ways from showers and
sinks.  We will cover regulations within San Diego as well as wider
water issues to add context to this important solution for water
management.  You can go home with a kit or individual parts to get
started or work with Brook on a site-appropriate design for your
space.  Taught by by Brook Sarson.

	Water Harvesting Tour
Sat, September 22, 1:00pm – 2:30pm
Talmadge Residence, to be disclosed upon RSVP (map)
Come see water harvesting in action! Guided by Water Harvesting
Professional and Permaculturist, Brook Sarson, you'll see how a
passive water harvesting techniques, combined with a 1525 gallon
rainwater storage system, as well as laundry and bath greywater work
together to grow a garden of edibles (including 20+ fruit trees) using
less than 1/3 of the water that most San Diegans use each day.

As you tour this urban farm setting, you'll see natural building
techniques including a cob chicken coop, decorative benches as well as
an earth pizza oven. Brook will be on-hand to talk to you about
solutions for your space and how you can make a difference by
conserving and protecting our most vital resource.

There will be a tour starting at 1:00, with light refreshments and
materials to peruse relating to water in our community.  You will
learn about simple greywater systems, do-it-yourself options,
rainwater-harvesting systems, resources, or you can schedule an
appointment with Brook to assess greywater and rainwater opportunities
at your site.

Suggested donation of $10 will go toward supporting water activism in
San Diego. People who attend the class at Olive Branch Green Building
supply that morning are welcome free of charge: http://www.olivebranchgbs.com/ai1ec_event/greywater/?instance_id=1105
   Please RSVP to Brook at brook at h2o-me.com or call 619.964.4838 and I
will give you the address.
Brook Sarson