[Sdpg] upcoming workshops and events

Brook Sarson brook at h2o-me.com
Sun Feb 10 19:04:10 PST 2013

Hey All!

Great movement on the greywater and rainwater harvesting front here in
San Diego!

Have you checked out the Great Greywater Challenge?!
http://sdsustainable.org/services-and-programs/the-great-greywater-challenge/

Add your greywater system to the map!  See where other greywater
systems in San Diego are springing up.  Use this as a tool to educate
your friends and neighbors.
If you want to learn more about how to install your own system, check
out the upcoming Greywater Installation workshops coming up:

Gravity Fed Greywater, Saturday February 16, Lemon Grove
Laundry to Landscape Greywater, Sunday February 24th in Carmel Valley
Laundry to Landscape Greywater, Sunday March 24th in Encinitas

Plus check out this great Rainwater Harvesting Earthworks class in
Valley Center where you can learn strategies for erosion control and
dealing with poor drainage:
http://sdsustainable.org/event/rainwater-harvesting-earthworks/

Join us at this year's first annual Kale Festival, February 23  at the
San Diego Peace Garden.  There will be speakers, workshops, and great
opportunities to try good food and be inspired by a community garden/
educational space!  http://sdpeacegarden.org/

March 9th is the annual Southern California Permaculture Convergence
in which you can learn from local sustainability experts and meet
other like-minded people.
http://socalconvergence.org/

If you are interested in Permaculture, there is an upcoming design
certificate course with the San Diego Sustainable Living Institute.
If you are interested in gardening, earth building, passive solar
design, or designing holistic communities, this is a wonderful
opportunity for you!
http://sdsustainable.org/services-and-programs

I'd love to remind you that Olive Branch Green Building Supply in
North Park is supplying greywater kits, books, and soon soaps!  http://www.olivebranchgbs.com/
We have another store in Encinitas opening to offer a wide range of
classes and goods for sustainable building, as well as locally made
goods.  Check out: http://www.organichammer.com/workshops for more
information and to get involved.

Keep an eye out for our April 20th Water Harvesting Bike Ride in South
Park.  We are excited to pair this with Earth Day!

> And don't forget to like H2Ome on Facebook!
> http://www.facebook.com/pages/H2Ome/174769509243657?fref=ts
> I try to share interesting information about recent movement in the
> city as well as some of my latest installs so you can all be aware
> of what's going on in San Diego on the water front!

Brook Sarson
H2OME
Smart Water Savings
619.964.4838