[Sdpg] April 10-14 "Social Permaculture: Nurturing Effective and Creative Groups" Starhawk

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Fri Mar 1 23:53:07 PST 2013

"Social Permaculture: Nurturing Effective and Creative Groups"
An Earth Activist Training course.
Wednesday - Sunday, April 10-14

When we come together to co-create, to empower one another or to
challenge the structures of unjust power, we face unique challenges. All
groups struggle with issues of power, conflicts, and the need to make
decisions. Collaborative groups may be healing, nurturing, and
inspirational—or they may founder on the rocks of conflict and poor
communication.

In this five-day intensive, we'll explore how to structure our groups
for maximum group health, how to share power fairly, improve our
communication skills, mediate conflicts and facilitate group processes.
And we'll share tools for decision making and constructive critique.
Starhawk's latest book, The Empowerment Manual: A Guide for
Collaborative Groups, will be our foundation.

We'll balance the process work with time outdoors in nature, including
hands-on work on the land, as well as walks, bird sits and wilderness
awareness. Insights from both permaculture and magic will help us learn
to be more effective and joyful as we work together to regenerate our
world.

Starhawk and Charles Williams, instructors.

Location: Black Mountain Preserve, Cazadero, California

Cost: sliding scale $600-$800: early bird special through March 15! Some
work trade available.

Register online at http://www.earthactivisttraining.org/courselist.html.

For more information: earthactivisttraining at gmail.com