[Sdpg] South Park Water Harvesting Bike Tour this Saturday

Brook Sarson brook at h2o-me.com
Wed Apr 17 13:12:51 PDT 2013

We have a really incredible event planned for Saturday morning!  Join
our Water Harvesting Bike Tour and see what sustainable solutions are
in your neighborhood!

Who: The San Diego Sustainable Living Institute in collaboration with
H2OME and Building Green Futures
When: Saturday, April 20 9:30-:1230  Please arrive by 9am to register
Where:  Start: Olive Branch Green Building Supply - 3030 North Park Way
Why:  Let's Learn about Rainwater Tanks and Greywater systems, growing
food and native habitat.  There's so many ways to conserve water, and
there are some really easy ways to get started and be part of the
solution.  This is your opportunity to see what others in your
community are doing and get connected with what you need to know to
make change.
How much: $5 registration gets you one raffle ticket.  Extra tickets
can be purchased online or on the day of the event
First 75 participants will get a Souvenir Handkerchief Route Map with
coupons on the back (made possible by Full Circle Tattoo, Angela
Draper, Edward Jones Investments, and James Gang and Co).  Hurry and
sign up today!
Highlights:
	We will see homes with small barrels, do-it-yourself recycled totes,
1320 gallon rainwater tanks, and 5000 gallon underground storage!
	We will see homes with simple laundry greywater systems, simple
shower systems
	We will see how effective water harvesting earthworks can be in
mitigating storm runoff
	We will seen people who are growing food, have chickens, have solar
panels, and many other sustainable solutions featured at their homes.
	There will be delicious food offerings from Rebecca's, Cafe Madeline,
Guayaki, The GoodOnYa Bar, CHOCOLATL, Suzie's farm, and more
	Raffle prizes include a Rainchain from Rainchains.com, A Rainbarrel
from Bushman, Gutter installation from Seamless Raingutters, $100 gift
certificate for a tank 500 gallons or larger from The Tank Source,
Greywater kit/Rainwater Tank Filter kit, Consulation/services for
greywater installation, Native Plants 		from Mooche's Nursery AND
	a pretty spectacular local shop gift basket with goodies from Eclipse
Chocolate, Plum Pottery, Angela Draper Chiropractic/Massage, Ginseng
Yoga, Progress...

Lunch following ride at the Station and Alchemy.  Participants with
handkerchiefs recieve discounts.

Finally, a hands - on Greywater Installation workshop will follow at 2
at one of the residences!  New Belgium Brewing has graciously donated
beer for post workshop celebration, collaboration, and communication!
Come brainstorm and talk to professionals who can help you see
possibilities!
	Art activities for children and adults will be available thanks to
reInterpret, repurposed art supplies.

This is your community San Diego.  Be inspired!!

> Please check out the facebook page if you are on facebook, join the
> event and invite your friends:
> https://www.facebook.com/events/454159174662013/?fref=ts
> or direct people directly to:
> http://sdsustainable.org/event/south-park-water-harvesting-bike-tour/
> to get tickets.

Details:  Please arrive by 9am to register, check out the raffle
prizes, grab a bite to eat, and hear important information and details
about the day.

For those without bikes, do not fear!  We will set up carpools.  We
might have room for 15-17 in the Soltrekker!  http://
www.soltrekker.org/  Let me know if you are interested in carpooling.
We might arrange to have you picked up in central South Park around 9
so you can be near your car at the finish of the ride.

Brook Sarson
H2OME
Smart Water Savings
619.964.4838