[Sdpg] Two upcoming water workshops

Brook Sarson brook at h2o-me.com
Thu Jun 6 14:16:23 PDT 2013

>> Join me this weekend to learn how to install your own gravity fed
>> greywater system!

>> Create Abundance! Hands-on Greywater Workshop
> Sunday, June 9   9AM-1PM
>
>> Get hands-on experience installing a simple gravity fed branched
>> drain shower greywater system with water harvesting professional
>> Brook Sarson of www.H2o-me.com
>>
>> Directions will be emailed upon registration
>>
> http://sdsustainable.org/event/create-abundance-hands-on-greywater-workshop/
>> $20-40 sliding scale
>> Space Limited
>>
>> Learn advantages and costs associated with both laundry greywater
>> and shower greywater. We will discuss do’s and don’ts, explore
>> materials, and work together to create abundance!  We will be
>> implementing a gravity fed shower greywater system, digging basins
>> and trenches and putting in pipes to move the water to appropriate
>> areas.  We will calculate how much water we are using weekly/daily
>> and figure out how to match our water budget with plantings.  We
>> will be planting trees, vines, and shrubs to complement our water
>> supply.  By the end of the day you should have enough information
>> to at least evaluate your setup at home.  Ideally you will walk
>> away with a friend with complementary skills and knowledge to be
>> able to help you install a system at your house!

Water Harvesting Earthworks Workshop with Brad Lancaster
On June 29-30 we welcome Brad Lancaster to our community to share his
deep knowledge of how to make our landscapes water efficient.

Participate in a hands-on day or weekend of water harvesting out at
Blue Sky Ranch in Lakeside.  For more information:
http://sdsustainable.org/event/rainwater-harvesting-earthworks/

Brook Sarson
H2OME
Smart Water Savings