[Sdpg] Fwd: QUECHAN FORUM ON VALLEY FEVER-JULY 8-6:00pm

archelonia at cox.net archelonia at cox.net
Sun Jul 7 14:17:16 PDT 2013

Please see the announcement about Valley Fever forum July 8 at Quechan (Fort Yuma) Indian Reservation Near Yuma. Valley fever is spreading as soils are becoming disturbed by development in the arid southwestern US. One of the biggest development activities currently is industrial scale renewable energy. It is important for permaculturists to analyze the environmental impacts of various renewable energy systems and promote those that have the least negative impacts, along with promoting energy conservation.
Jane Higginson
Archelonia Ecological and Permaculture

> Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 15:46:45 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Helena Quintana <helena_quintana at yahoo.com>
> Subject: QUECHAN FORUM ON VALLEY FEVER-JULY 8-6:00pm
> To: Helena Quintana <Helena_quintana at yahoo.com>
>
>  what is VALLEY FEVER?
 is Valley Fever?                 Who is at risk?
DO YOU HAVE A COUGH?  FEVER?  TIRED?  RASH? HEADACHE?
Valley Fever (coccidiodomycosis) is a disease caused by a fungus in the soil in the Southwest desert.  People get sick when they breathe in the fungus.
How do you know?  Get yourself tested.

A forum with Speakers:
·    IHS
·    Imperial County Public Health
·    Edie Harmon
Monday, July 8, 2013   6:00 pm
Events Center, Ft. Yuma
Join us for refreshments
We are wishing to inform the public about what is Valley Fever?                 Who is at risk?
RSVP:  ahmut at earthlink.net                                  Vernon Smith  760-572-0213

THE PUBLIC IS INVITED

Helena Quintana
760-540-0189 cell