[Sdpg] California Granges rebel - National Grange support industrial agribusiness, while in California the grange support family sustainable farming

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue Oct 22 08:53:20 PDT 2013

yes but it means that the California Granges on own their own to establish new rules , so best to contact your local grange and find out what they are doing now or the California state grange office in Sacramento www.californiagrange.org  1-916-454-5805
wes

ps below are some historical books on why the granges where formed'

The Patrons of Husbandry on the Pacific Coast: Being a Complete History of the Origin, Condition and Progress of Agriculture in Different Parts of the World ; of the Origin and Growth of the Order of Patrons, with a General and Special Grange Directory, and Full List of the Charter Members of the Subordinate Granges of California ; Also of the Foes of the Farmers, Or Monopolies of Land, Water, Transportation and Education ; of a Protective Tariff, Currency and Banking
Ezra Slocum Carr - January 1, 1875
A.L. Bancroft and Company - Publisher

https://play.google.com/books/reader?id=yxMZAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover&output=reader&authuser=0&hl=en&pg=GBS.PA5

Grains for the Grangers: Discussing All Points Bearing Upon the Farmers' Movement for the Emancipation of White Slaves from the Slave-power of Monopoly
Stephe R. Smith - January 1, 1873
Union Publishing Company - Publisher
Read