[San Diego, CA Permaculture] Aquaponics Course at Quail Springs Permaculture

Lindsay Allen lindsay at quailsprings.org
Tue Aug 26 07:51:35 PDT 2014

*Aquaponics Course at Quail Springs Permaculture
October 17 – 19, 2014*

*Taught by David Rosenstein, Chair of the Aquaponics Association, and
Founder ofEvo Farm
<http://www.quailsprings.org/applied-aquaponics-course/www.evofarm.com>,
Los Angeles, California*

We are excited to be offering this in-depth 3-day course on aquaponics
through a permaculture lens. The course promises to empower students to
build their own aquaponic systems at their homes and in their
communities, and is appropriate for anyone interested in aquaponics.

Time will be split between the classroom and our new earthen greenhouse.
In the classroom we will delve into answering, “Why aquaponics?” We will
gain insight into the science and technical aspects of aquaponics, and
see aquaponic production through a Permaculture lens: design,
biomimicry, patterns, integration. We will then move on to hands-on time
in the greenhouse with specific aquaponic techniques including IBC tote
tanks and media beds, deep water culture and nutrient film technique.
Students will learn which techniques are right for their situation and
see methods of integrating other systems such as mushrooms, worms,
insectaries, and compost-tea brewing.

*Registration Info*

Cost includes instruction, catered meals, and camping accommodations.

Cost: $450 ($100 non-refundable, non-transferable deposit to reserve
your space, full balance due by October 1, 2014)

Early Bird Discount: $400 for payment in full by September 15, 2014

Couples/Friends registering together – $50 off of your total

For registration link
see:*http://www.quailsprings.org/applied-aquaponics-course/*

*Contact: Andrew Clinard at andrew at quailsprings.org or call 805.886.7239*
--
Lindsay Allen Course Coordinator & Farm Management Team Quail Springs
Permaculture www.quailsprings.org