[San Diego, CA Permaculture] Diana Leafe Christian Workshop on Sociocracy and Three Aspect of Healthy Groups

Marianne West marianne.avon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 10:26:30 PST 2017

Saturday is right around the corner. Did you get your ticket yet?

Great news! If you belong to a group like a co-op, self governed HOA and
such - we are extending our Non-Profit price to you. Up to 5 people can
come on the group ticket, $ 100 fro one workshop, $150 for both. Tickets
must be purchased by Friday evening and list of attendees submitted. No
refunds for no-shows.

I am looking forward to dinner (Friday slideshow) and lunch at the World
Beat Center (12) and to seeing all your lovely faces.

*** Saturday 9:30-12: Three Aspects of a Healthy, Thriving Ecovillage,
Intentional Community, or Member-Led Group.

Three simple factors that help ecovillages and intentional communities (and
any member-led groups) succeed and thrive.
Book Signing

*** 12-1 Lunch at the World Beat Center

*** 1-3:30: Sociocracy Overview: A Governance and Decision-Making Method
for Ecovillages, Intentional Communities, and Member-Led Groups.

A brief overview of an effective governance and decision-making method for
better meetings, getting more done, and feeling more connected with other
members.

*Sociocracy (also called Dynamic Governance) is a system of governance
using consent decision making and an organizational structure based on
cybernetic principles (a system with closed feedback mechanisms).
Sociocracy has been advocated as a management system that distributes
leadership and power throughout the organization.

***Tickets
AM Workshop $45
PM Workshop $45
Combo Workshop $80
At the door: $50 each, $90 combo

This event is proudly brought to you in partnership by:
Local Earth
San Diego Permaculture
The Sustainable Living Podcast
The San Diego Sustainable Living Institute

What do Ecovillages, Intentional Communities, co-ops and non-profits have
in common? Yes, you guessed it. They are by people, for people and for many
of us a ray of hope for our future. Have you ever dreamt of starting or
joining a community or a co-op?

If the answer is yes, you want to meet Diana Leafe Christian. She is the
authority on how to do this with success! She's travelled the world over
several decades and recorded what makes these communities work and what
causes them to fail. She wrote the book on it, actually she wrote two of
them.

***Tickets on website: local-earth.org/diana-christian
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Flocal-earth.org%2Fdiana-christian&h=ATM767X3EJ8nFlKYlyR1sQfD24Yqr6jTfLSJNr6l3vniiHBTAiR0WejBilv7_Vzw-QCiQu_bTQbY5aAQ_ALN-_g28nBwgRktyy8gWVwcLjxlDDuFysz6tmf7DpCVMO_6Uj0j0qbn6sJ6&enc=AZOUFTVwl1IdyACOKhoQF1OXxVF8O8YNjyoB4l02BuS6_4ixWLYtUQhskYbOKJsUcgY&s=1>

Diana Leafe Christian joins our San Diego Community to to give us a dense
cross section of her decades of study and experience in intentional
communities and community governance in these two great workshops. Join us
for one or both. Stay for lunch!

Diana Leafe Christian is author of Creating a Life Together: Practical
Tools to Grow Ecovillages and Intentional Communities, about forming
successful communities and ecovillages.

Diana speaks and offers workshops internationally on topics including the
tools and processes to create successful new intentional communities,
creating more connection and harmony in communities, and governance and
decision-making methods — primarily the N St. Consensus Method and
Sociocracy.

Diana has the ability to make complex issues simple and clear. From her
deep and broad understanding of community dynamics, she teaches effective
and harmonious ways for groups to become healthy and thriving, and to
resolve the typical interpersonal challenges that can arise in any
community.

******************
To receive information about Local Earth's upcoming monthly sustainable
lifestyle and ecovillage events please sign up for our monthly newsletter
here (local-earth.org/welcome
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Flocal-earth.org%2Fwelcome&h=ATPbvL9fvfCT3uWQQPiFitFQM5xa9-7d_5f6-35eRXuPXMqJEaQZjgjum174oUrYC67k3I3QV7QQCJESkTC6dRX8Igmnz181vi85o5_ekjw0yeCuJzwIZYocpPfHH9pMAC6e-zkAdJVF&enc=AZPdy3QZiwV30XjeWawMHkHSQxZIJZyIN0cFyW4o9xeWe3JtR9ClePUy_jvXb1KdV1w&s=1>
).
******************

“Diana’s workshop was fantastic! She truly is a master at taking complex
material and making it simple, plus the way she engages workshop
participants is brilliant.” —Gaya Erlandson, co-founder, Lotus Lodge
Community, North Carolina, 2012

“Quite simply the finest workshop I've ever attended. You quickly cut to
the chase, providing hours of practical answers, and all with a hilarious
sense of humor.” —Dennis Gay, Champlain Valley Cohousing, Vermont, 2013

“It was a magical workshop! I feel such gratitude, and inspiration to go on
investigating how Sociocracy can support our community.” —Malin Wik,
Ängsbacka Ecovillage, Sweden, 2013

“So useful to apply Sociocracy to intentional communities. I also loved
your “tell it like it is” style and your pacing, humor, clarity, focus. I
absolutely got what I came for.” —Paul Voss, Hart’s Mill Community, Chapel
Hill, North Carolina, 2013

“ . . . one of the best presentations I’ve seen. Diana was down-to-earth,
humble, extremely knowledgeable, and realistic. I learned so much: her
presentation was practical, insightful, inspiring, and useful (as well as
funny). —Laura Allen, Los Angeles Eco-Village, 2015

Take care and create a beautiful day.
Marianne
(619) 261 2327
Co-host of The Sustainable Living Podcast, Writer,
Hatha, Laughter and Kids Yoga, Hormone Yoga Therapist,
www.sustainablelivingpodcast.com