[Santa_Cruz_Permaculture] Grow Food Party Crew: New Youtube Video, Celebrating the 'Food in the Hood' Party and Where to from here!

Grow Food Party Crew growfoodpartycrewsc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 13:17:49 PDT 2009

Woo-hoo!

We had an amazing party this last weekend! 3 raised veggie beds and a whole
load of trees, shrubs and herbs, sweet spontaneous music and delicious local
food. I’m ready to do it again!

Check out a fresh clip from the party on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOG2ajvsi0I

As we celebrate what we’re up to here, let’s also celebrate what Grow Food
Party Crew Ojai accomplished in the same weekend down south: 20 Gardens
Installed - led by teens for elders and low-income families! This is a great
bar-raising from our family down south. How will we match and surpass them?

Right now we are building the network of connections to get this vision
thriving all over this county (and the world!) and this network will grow
through the sharing of our excitement for growing food and celebrating life
together. Let’s be conscious of this and spread the word about Grow Food
Party Crew Santa Cruz. Share the Youtube with friends. Let people know about
our email list (growfoodpartycrewsc at gmail.com) so they can stay in the loop.

If you’re inspired to help beyond that, email us back and let us know how
you want to contribute. Here are some of the areas we are looking for help:

-Donations or connections to resources: plants, compost, wood-chips, trucks
for transport, food for parties, web design, financial contribution
-Cooking/Aloha Chef for parties
-Music makers and bands
-Help facilitating the parties - from being an extra hand we can rely on to
facilitating a project
-Help organizing for the Party Crew
-People willing to gather materials for parties (best if you have a truck or
a van)
-Permaculture Designers for people who want gardens
-Working with the media – connections to newspaper, radio etc.
-Greenhouse space for plant propagation
-Composting space and the design of a system for making large batches of
compost in an easy way.
-Donating money to help pay for shirts and other materials
-Donating money to support those that are running this organization – every
bit nourishes our ability to spread the abundance.

Also, if you have any ideas or feedback about the Growing Food in the ‘Hood
event or GFPC in general, let us know.

Thanks to everyone who made this possible behind the scenes and out “on
stage!” I want to give special thanks to the following folks:

-Tereza, Tom & Family for hosting us and setting up Food in the ‘Hood. For
more info about Food in the ‘Hood contact Tereza - tereza at retrometro.com
-Transition Santa Cruz - Michael Weaver & Michael Levy & the Food Working
Group – For helping us launch the Party Crew here so quickly and for
creating the space to design a resilient future here in Santa Cruz. Visit
transitionsc.org for more info.
-Andy Webster of Waking Water Designs for jumping in and facilitating
projects. See below for info about his upcoming workshop.
-Batya Keegen of Your Backyard Bounty – For sharing her knowledge and making
it a welcoming, playful environment to be in. Visit
www.yourbackyardbounty.com for more info.
-Kevin Porter - Kangen Water – For providing the alkaline, antioxidant
Kangen Water to keep us hydrated. For more info and free Kangen water email
or call Kevin. kaporter at sbcglobal.com, (805) 643-0669.
-Fat Cabbage Farm for that sweet-ass cabbage salad! For more info and
setting up an account contact: BrianColtrin at hotmail.com

If we missed anyone, you know what you did. Thanks for making it all
possible!

Upcoming workshops:
Creating an Edible Oasis
How-to and Hands-on Experience in Designing and Creating a Food Forest
Saturday & Sunday, April 28 & 29, 2009, 10-4PM
$30-50 sliding scale
Contact: devin at abundanceinbalance.com

Water Harvesting in the Landscape: Beyond Downspouts and Tanks
Saturday, April 25, 2009, 10am - 5pm
$90 or less for members or signing up for all 3 courses
http://www.conexions.org/wordpress/?page_id=250
Contact: wakingwaterdesigns at gmail.com

Feel free to forward this on to whoever you love or wish to know about what
we're doing!

Remember - this is your life, your town, your Party Crew. What are you ready
to create now?

With truck loads of love and mulch,
Devin Slavin
Abundance In Balance Design
Grow Food Party Crew member #529923857703295

PS. If you don’t want to be on the list, just let us know.

Fresh video footage of our last party:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOG2ajvsi0I

The official Grow Food Party Crew mini-documentary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwwHWln08Z4