[Santa_Cruz_Permaculture] We need your help! Gardens of Gratitude - The 100 Garden Challenge - June 6 & 7, 2009 - Free!

Grow Food Party Crew growfoodpartycrewsc at gmail.com
Mon May 25 14:02:26 PDT 2009

*Is it possible to Transform Santa Cruz into an edible oasis in one weekend?
*

Hi there!

On June 6 & 7, 2009 there will be parties all across Santa Cruz County where
people will come together to plant new edible gardens and celebrate life in
Santa Cruz! The FREE event is called "*Gardens of Gratitude: The 100 Garden
Challenge*" and is presented by Grow Food Party Crew Santa Cruz, a regional
representation of a global movement to create garden parties in every
neighborhood across the world.

Recently, on May 16 & 17 2009, a Gardens of Gratitude was held in Santa
Monica, CA in which they partied and planted 95 Edible Gardens! We'd like to
surpass them and install 100 gardens - all in the name of fun!
*
How it works:*
Visit *www.GrowFoodPartyCrew.org* and sign up as a Garden Recipient, Garden
Helper, or Facilitator. Then people are linked together days before the
event to party with friends and create the gardens - all for free. Each
party will be its own unique expression. It can either be a self-facilitated
garden pledge, or be assisted by Grow Food Party Crew members with design
and facilitation.

If you've ever wanted a garden, but it was too much to take on, now's the
time! If you're craving something fun, creative, and outrageous, come make
it happen!

*How you can help:*
*1. Join *- Sign up online for one or more garden times (Saturday or Sunday
- Morning or Afternoon).
*2. Spread the Word -* This event works by word of mouth and networking.
Forward this on to EVERYONE you know. Put up flyers, email friends, invite
folks on facebook, announce it at meetings, reach out to ALL your media
connections! (Flyers have been attached to this initial email). DO IT ASAP
AS WE HAVE LITTLE TIME!
*3. Donate - **Make this event possible* by sponsoring the event with
monetary donations or materials. Your company or organization could end up
on our website, or mentioned in the press as a sponsor. This event is
completely volunteer run. We need to raise $5000 to cover costs and to be
able to do a number of low-income gardens for free. Please contact us at
growfoodpartycrewsc at gmail.com if you need more information to make a larger
donation. Everyone can make even the smallest donation through our Paypal
button online!

REMEMBER, WE HAVE LESS THAN TWO WEEKS FROM THE DATE OF THIS EMAIL TO PREPARE
- AND IT'S TOTALLY POSSIBLE!

This is your town, your community, your party! Join us to create the world
you want to live in!

Cheers,
Devin Slavin
Co-Founder of Grow Food Party Crew

Fresh video footage of our last party:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOG2ajvsi0I

The official Grow Food Party Crew mini-documentary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwwHWln08Z4