[Santa_Cruz_Permaculture] Earth Oven Workshop this month

Grow Food Party Crew growfoodpartycrewsc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 13:01:07 PDT 2009

*Earth Oven Workshop *

*

*June 27th & 28th - Santa Cruz, CA *

Fun to make and even more fun to use, earth
ovens<http://urbanearthsolutions.com/earthovens.html>bake like
expensive commercial wood-fired ovens while costing a fraction of
the price. Ideal for baking breads and pizzas, earth ovens use radiant,
conductive and convection heat simultaneously - producing crunchy,
caramelized crusts with moist goodness on the inside. Built out of unfired
clay, they can be hand-sculpted into beautiful works of art, making a
creative addition to any backyard or patio.

During this weekend workshop we will build an earth oven at a private
residence in the Santa Cruz area. The workshop will cover basic earth oven
construction from start to finish. Participants will learn all of the
essentials about building an oven which includes: how to gather raw
materials, build foundations and apply protective plasters. An earthen bench
will also be included in the oven design, so participants will get a chance
to explore simple earth
bag<http://urbanearthsolutions.com/livingwithearth.html#eb>and cob
<http://urbanearthsolutions.com/livingwithearth.html#c>building techniques.
This workshop is labor intensive, giving ample “Hands-on” experience.
Participants will walk away from the weekend feeling confident about
building their own earth oven. This workshop is geared for people of all
ages and skill levels.

The workshop will run from 10am to 3:30pm. Participants are encouraged to
arrive at least 15 min. before the workshop begins to sign in and get
settled. Participants should plan on bringing their own water, snacks and
lunch. There is a sliding scale set up for those of us whom are experiencing
economic hardship (trust me I know!). For more information please feel free
to call Brian @ 530-848-8088. To register follow the directions below. *
brian at urbanearthsolutions.com*

*Single Adult - $75 *

*Couples -  $110*

*Sliding Scale - $75 to $45*

*Kids 12 to 17 years old- $25*

*(Children under 12 are free)*

--
Devin Slavin
Regenerative Design & Mentoring

Upcoming Events:

Gardens of Gratitude: The 100 Garden Challenge!
Santa Cruz, CA - June 6&7, 2009 (Next Week!)
http://www.GrowFoodPartyCrew.org

Next 1-Day Permaculture Course - Sunday, June 14
All Challenges Are Gifts: An Introduction to Permaculture
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/5281/3lw.jpg

Mind of Mentoring (Part of the Cultural Mentoring Series)
Regenerative Design Institute - Aug. 29-Sept 4 - Venture Retreat in
Pescadero, CA
http://www.regenerativedesign.org/courses-events/mind-mentoring

Video:

Fresh video from Grow Food Party Crew Santa Cruz!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOG2ajvsi0I

Latest video from our Creating an Edible Oasis workshop:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwIXhoIArVE

Check out the official Grow Food Party Crew video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwwHWln08Z4

--

Fresh video footage of our last party:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOG2ajvsi0I

The official Grow Food Party Crew mini-documentary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwwHWln08Z4