[Santa_Cruz_Permaculture] Announcing Permaculture Hands-on Series: Water Harvesting Workshop - Oct. 3 & 4!

Devin S devinfromheaven at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 22:03:10 PDT 2009

Hey friends!

We've got an amazing workshop coming up 2 weekends from now for anyone who
is into Permaculture or wants to create an oasis by transforming their
relationship to water! Remember, NOAA is predicting an El Nino year -
wouldn't you like to turn that destructive force into a resource?

Below is the info on our course. Please forward it on to anyone who might be
interested.

Cheers,
Devin Slavin

------------------
ABUNDANCE IN BALANCE DESIGN PRESENTS:
Earthworks for Water Harvesting and Winter Preparation
October 3 & 4, 2009 - 10-5 PM

Day 1: Lecture, Layout, and Basins/Day 2: Swales, Paths, Cover Cropping and
Sheet Mulching
Please arrive half an hour early to be ready for our day!

Cost:
$25-$75 (sliding scale) for 1 Day*/$35-$100 (sliding scale) for 2 Days*

Course Instructors:
Andy Webster, Andy Webster is lead designer for Waking Water Designs, an
ecological design business that believes in seeing through the lens of water
as a foundation for ecological design.  Andy received a BS in Hydrology and
has since worked in applying this knowledge towards regenerative design both
in residential and commercial settings.
Devin Slavin, workshop organizer, designer for Abundance In Balance Design,
co-founder of the Grow Food Party Crew.

For Registration:
Email Devin at AbundanceInBalance.com with the subject “Hands-on Permaculture
Series.” You will be sent a registration form. Once we receive your filled
out form and payment, registration is complete. Online registration will be
available on www.AbundanceInBalance.com soon.

Examples of Past Workshops:
Search Youtube.com for “Creating and Edible Oasis” and/or “Greywater
Workshop Laundry to Landscape” for videos of past workshops.

Upcoming Workshops in the Series:
Cob Oven – October 10/11, 2009
Greywater – November 14/15, 2009
Native Skills and Awareness – December 12/13, 2009
Food Forestry – February 6/7, 2010
Veggie Gardening – February 27/28, 2010
Chickens in the Backyard – March 27/28, 2010

Discounts for the Series:
Discounts – Please inquire about discounts for groups of 3 or more & a
discount for doing multiple courses.
Courses must be paid for all at once to receive discounts.

*Our prices have been lowered to meet the current economic challenges.
Please pay what you can. Prices are subject to be adjusted at any time and
will only be secured by registration and payment.

Abundance In Balance Design
“Creating an oasis on a day-to-day basis.”
www.AbundanceInBalance.com

--
Devin Slavin
Regenerative Design & Mentoring

Upcoming Events:

SANTA CRUZ "HANDS-ON" PERMACULTURE COURSE SERIES
1.) Earthworks for Water Harvesting and Winter Preparation - Oct 3 & 4, 2009
ALSO: Earthen Oven, Greywater, Native Skills and Awareness, Food Forestry,
Veggie Gardens, & Backyard Chickens Workshops TBA!
(Email Devin at AbundanceInBalance.com for in more info)

Video:

Lastest video from my Laundry to Landscape Greywater Workshop:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzTDleOu9XQ

Fresh video from Grow Food Party Crew Santa Cruz!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOG2ajvsi0I

Latest video from our Creating an Edible Oasis workshop:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwIXhoIArVE

Check out the official Grow Food Party Crew video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwwHWln08Z4