[Santa_Cruz_Permaculture] [GFPC-Related] FREE! Peacemaking and Community Resilience Storytelling Night with Jon Young

Devin S devinfromheaven at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 09:09:39 PDT 2010

Hi Santa Cruz GFPC Folks!

Here is a special invitation to come hear one of the most important stories
of our time - The Peacemaker Story, told by Jon Young. The Peacemaker Story
is a story of the Hodenosaunee People (Iroquois Confederacy) and
is surprisingly a huge part of our lineage in this country. All at once,
this story presents real triumphs of peace from the past and paints a vision
for community for the next 200 years - all while giving us principles for
peace now in our lives.

This is not to be missed! We are opening up this evening for FREE so we can
share this gem with you! Bring friends and family to be part of
this pivotal moment for Santa Cruz Community.

For more info on Jon, go to www.jonyoung.org. He is one of my mentors and
has completely shaped the work I'm doing in the world. Most people don't
know this - the Grow Food Party Crew came out of my work with Jon and it's
ultimate intention is to generate the community that our heart is calling
for. You'll get a better sense of what I mean when you attend this beautiful
storytelling event.

Please pass this on to friends!

Love,
Devin

----------------------

Hi Friends!

We have an extraordinary opportunity to share the Peacemaker Story, told by
> Jon Young, and the world of Nature Connection with friends and family for
> FREE! For the first time, we are opening up the Friday Night of the
> Getting Nature Connected Weekend Series for free to the public ($10-$30
> suggested donation). This is your chance to share a huge part of your life
> with those who haven't participated in any Nature Connection courses. Come
> join us Friday evening June 18th for this special evening at the Santa Cruz
> Waldorf School.
>
> The June Weekend is on *Creating Resilient Community and Ecology* -
> starting Friday, June 18th from 6:30-9:00pm through Saturday June 19th from
> 9:00am-4:00pm
>

> The Getting Nature Connected Weekend Series is available on a weekend to
> weekend basis. To experience the whole Friday/Saturday package the price is
> now just $135. On Saturday, we have what's likely to be the best everTending the Wild Festival Day- Starting with tracking the landscape through the eyes of the ancestors,
> leading up to our extravagant community festival including a Grow Food Party
> Crew-type permaculture project, with an outrageous music jam, strawberry
> celebration, and traditional pig roast! All this tied into how Peacemaking
> cultures utilized community celebrations to take a pulse on the peacefulness
> of the village.
>
> You're welcome to print out a flyer to show friends or post somewhere. It's
> attached to this email.
>
> We're looking forward to seeing you there, along with the special people in
> your life!

       For more information go to www.jonyoung.org/getnature/
<http://jonyoung.org/getnature/%20>

Best,
The Getting Nature Connected Staff

--
OWLink Media
8 Shields Group

--

--
Devin Slavin

Upcoming Events:

Play and plant an edible oasis at our next Grow Food Party:
RSVP @ www.abundanceinbalance.com under "Courses and Events"

Getting Nature Connected and 4-Seasons Permaculture Course in Santa Cruz, CA
Visit www.jonyoung.org/getnature for registration and more info.

Video:

Fresh video from Grow Food Party Crew Santa Cruz!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOG2ajvsi0I

Latest video from our Creating an Edible Oasis workshop:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwIXhoIArVE

Check out the official Grow Food Party Crew video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwwHWln08Z4