[Santa_Cruz_Permaculture] (no subject)

Melanie Mindlin sassetta at mind.net
Sun Apr 24 10:57:18 PDT 2011

Hello friends and permaculture lovers,

Cascadia Permaculture is offering three courses this summer with Jude
Hobbs.  We're trying to get the word out about these courses, and
would greatly appreciate it if you would pass the information along
to your friends, groups and organizations.

An Introduction to Permaculture: A Design Workshop for Women
	June 24-26, 2011

Advanced Permaculture Workshop:  Creating an Edible Food Forest
	 July 30-31, 2011

Advanced Permaculture Course in Teaching
	August 7-13, Practicum August 15-16

Details of the courses are below, or you can find more information on
the website at cascadiapermaculture.com.

Thank you for your help.  Hope to see you soon.
Jude Hobbs
Cascadia Permaculture
541-342-1160

An Introduction to Permaculture: A Design Workshop for Women
Dates: June 24-26, 2011
Friday 5:00 - Sunday 4:00
Instructors: Jude Hobbs and Guests
Location: Wilson Creek Gardens, Cottage Grove, Oregon
Cost $275 Includes: camping and fabulous meals
Contact: cascadiapc at gmail.com
	This workshop will create a comfortable, supportive and fun setting
for women to learn Permaculture principles, strategies and basic
techniques.  By considering Whole Systems Design, the workshop will
focus on examples of how to evolve efficient, bountiful and beautiful
environments.  Lecture, group discussions, slide shows, hands-on
activities and networking are used to present permaculture design
theory and practice.  We learn how to integrate functional elements
in urban and rural properties by considering the land, water
catchment, plants, animals and more.

Advanced Permaculture Workshop:  Creating an Edible Food Forest
Dates: July 30-31, 2011
Saturday 9:00 - Sunday 4:00
Instructor: Jude Hobbs
Location: Wilson Creek Gardens, Cottage Grove, Oregon
Cost: $200 Includes camping and fabulous meals
	Learn techniques of how to create a landscape with year round beauty
and productivity by including food plants to enhance sustainable
practices on any site.  Starting with observation, site analysis and
needs assessment, we will design and implement a forest garden.  By
planting trees, shrubs, vines, vegetables, flowers and medicinal and
culinary herbs that work together, we will establish a diverse
perennial polyculture.  This workshop is applicable for the homeowner
and professional, concentrating on practical designs with interactive
lectures, group discussions, slide shows, hands-on applications and
networking.

Advanced Permaculture Course in Teaching
Dates: August 7-13, Practicum August 15-16
Instructors: Jude Hobbs and Andrew Millison
Location: Wilson Creek Gardens
Cost $825
Includes course materials, camping and 3 socially conscious meals a day
Early Registration discount of $50 by July 25
Contact: cascadiapc at gmail.com for updated information
Prerequisite: Permaculture Design Course Certificate of Experience in
Permaculture

	This dynamic and interactive course teaches significant techniques
to communicate permaculture principles and strategies in a wide
variety of settings.  Permaculture Teacher Training unfolds as a
design methodology and advocates the Permaculture Design Course
Curriculum.
	We encourage and inspire your unique strengths and talents by
demonstrating diverse teaching modalities such as lecture,
facilitating class discussions, storytelling and use of visual aids.
In this setting of active learning, you will experience essential
hands-on practice by preparing and co-teaching several
presentations.  As a final course project, the class will present a
workshop to the public.
	Jude Hobbs has taught this course since 2000, and it is modeled
after the advanced course in Teaching and Design she took with world-
renowned permaculture instructors, Max Lindeggar and Lea Harrison in
1990.  This is a Certificate Course offered by the Cascadia
Permaculture Institute in collaboration with Permaculture Institute USA.
Prerequisite: Permaculture Design Course Certificate or instructor
approval

All courses held at Wilson Creek Gardens.  Coined a “permie
wonderland” by one of our students, the multiple micro-climates
nurture the soul and demonstrate an evolving living canvas of
Permaculture systems being effectively woven into an existing site.

Cascadia Permaculture
cascadiapc at gmail.com
www.cascadiapermaculture.com
541-342-1160