[Santa_Cruz_Permaculture] Live Streaming of the International Permaculture Conference (IPC10)! Sept 17 Conference 19-23 Convergence 2011

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Sat Aug 20 08:03:17 PDT 2011

Live Streaming of the International Permaculture Conference (IPC10)!
Community Projects, Conferences, Courses/Workshops,
Presentations/Demonstrations, Social Gatherings --- by Craig Mackintosh
PRI Editor August 20, 2011

http://permaculture.org.au/2011/08/20/live-streaming-of-the-international-permaculture-conference-ipc10/

For those who cannot make it to the IPC10 in Jordan next month
(September 2011) www.ipcon.org , my announcement here should hopefully
be gladly received! PRI Australia has put up the funds for the
additional equipment I needed to enable me to live-stream the
International Permaculture Conference (IPC10) to the internet. I'll be
live-streaming the 1-day Conference, and with a bit of luck perhaps even
parts of the 4-day Convergence (the latter I'm not so confident about as
I need to see if the internet connection is up to par when I physically
get there, but from reports it's looking positive).

Even if you cannot make the exact times of the live-streams, the system
we're using will subsequently have the streams available on-demand ---
so you can play them later.

This will be the first time an IPC has been live-streamed. (I'm told
there was an attempt to do this at IPC9 in Malawi, but the internet
connection was insufficient for the task.)

Thanks for contributing so people worldwide can benefit from the IPC10
Although we're putting up the funds (the gear cost US$528, or AU$508),
we would greatly appreciate those who are able to donate something to
contribute towards it. I'm sure there are many out there who don't have
the time and/or spare money to attend the event in person, but who will
appreciate at least being able to tune in on the Conference (which will
have some very interesting speakers and topics). If these people could
consider that whilst we could have made it pay-per-view, we've chosen
not to in the hope the permie fair-share principle will come to play and
people would voluntarily help us out here as they are able.

Additionally, the PRI will actually divert all your donations for this
equipment to the Jordan Valley Permaculture Project (aka 'Greening the
Desert -- the Sequel'), to aid in the continued development of this
important demonstration site. (A few updates on the project from over
the last year are here, here, here and here in case this interests, and
you can find out all about the background of this project here.)

You are invited to please donate via the widget above. Thanks for your
support!

Oh, for those who just realised you're getting left behind on the
biggest permaculture event on the planet, there's still time to get in
on the action and experience it first hand.

Go here to book your place on the IPC10
http://ipcon.org/index.php/booking-form