[Santa_Cruz_Permaculture] Living in Community Salon This Friday: Sociocracy & Dynamic Governance

Jay Ma jayma at livingmandala.com
Thu May 23 15:44:47 PDT 2013

Hi Friends,

Join us for this month's Living in Community Salon on Friday, May 24, at the Venture Greenhouse in San Rafael hosting John Schinnerer from the Sociocracy Consulting Group to lean some cutting edge technologies that can transform the way you get things done in communities, teams, or organizations with Dynamic Governance and Sociocracy, or the Full weekend workshop from May 24 - 26.

Friends, we are offering this evening and weekend workshop to bring these tools to our community to help facilitate greater communication, collaboration, and "getting things done" systems between the organizations, circles, and people in our movement who are working in co-creative alignment of purpose. This is super cool invisible structures technology!

This agile, holocratic, governance system is an up and coming technology that is going to revolutionize community governance, business, and how we get things done... while facilitating greater communication and collaboration between organizations and circles in co-creative alignment of purpose.

In that spirit, we are offering a 20% discount code on the full weekend workshop, which is already half the price you will be able to find or take this workshops anywhere else.

Use promotional code: COCREATE

We also have some last minute scholarship opportnunities available for those in need who feel super called to attend.

Hope to see you there!

- Jay Ma

COREcommons and Living Mandala present…

‘Living in Community’ Salon
Dynamic Governance and Sociocracy

Presenter: John Shinnerer - Sociocracy Consulting Group

Friday, May 24
7:00pm – 10:00pm

Venture Greenhouse
30 Castro Avenue
San Rafael, CA 94901

6:30pm - Doors Open
7:00pm - Presentation
9:00pm - Discussion & Wrap-Up
10:00pm - Doors Close

Tickets: $15 Advance; $20 (cash at the door)

Click Here for More info and to Register

(Limited seating. This event will likely sell out. Pease register in advance.)

Are you frustrated with ineffective meetings, challenging team dynamics, or organizational disfunction?

Do you want to:
Learn to become more effective together?
Get things done and have more fun?

Effective, adaptable, thriving communities, projects, and organizations… is the vision many of us have in common. Good governance is no accident. We create it, by design.

Join us for this month's Living in Community Salon hosting John Schinnerer from the Sociocracy Consulting Group to lean some technologies that can transform the way you get things done in teams with Dynamic Governance and Sociocracy. Sociocracy is on the cutting edge of helping to maximize individual and group potential and make the world a better place through excellence in organizational design.

Systems for decision-making and governance can support your community or organization by valuing and improving what already works and transforming what doesn’t.

• Build Capacity
• Improve Outcomes
• Create Harmony
• Reduce Overhead
• Distribute Authority
• Work On What Matters

Enable your teams to lead their own work. Value and use change to innovate rapidly. Generate an organization that can run itself.

In this evening seminar we will introduce the concepts and some tools of Dynamic Governance and Sociocracy that can help you build a highly productive and synergized community, team, business, or organization. There will be some hands on experience, as well as time for discussion to address specific questions and comments from participants.

Governance By Design:
Organizing Ourselves to Get Things Done

May 24 - 26, 2013

The Venture Greenhouse, San Rafael, CA

For More Information Click Here.

This foundational training gives you essential tools and experience for applying whole systems governance design in your existing or forming organization, business, team, or community.
This workshop is equivalent to "Foundations of Sociocracy - Dynamic Self‐Governance: Become More Effective Together" as offered by The Sociocracy Consulting Group.

We are excited to be offering this same workshop to our community for half the price you will be find it anywhere else.. with the intentions to make these tools more available to our greater community to support our collaborative projects and shared visions.

Presenter - John Schinnerer - Sociocracy Consulting Group

John is a whole systems design consultant, teacher, and facilitator who develops cultural and ecological systems for a variety of public, private, and nonprofit clients. Since 1996, he has studied, worked, taught and published in the realms of human relatings, governance and decision-making systems, appropriate technology and ecological design. He applies his wide-ranging observations of and experience with cultural and ecological systems to all aspects of his practice. As the SCG’s Hawai’i-Pacific regional representative, John brings to bear many years of work and life experience in the unique cultural milieu of Hawai’i. Awareness and integration of existing cultural patterns is key to his inclusive approach to Dynamic Governance design and facilitation. The methods, tools and techniques that John offers invite clients to maximize clarity, honesty, and integrity while also enhancing individual and group efficiency and effectiveness – in other words, to get things done and have more fun! He helps organizations recognize that success for people who want to accomplish something together is determined by how well they work, play, and make decisions together. John has a Master’s Degree in Whole Systems Design, with a focus on cultural and ecological design, as well as training, mentoring and certification preparation in Dynamic Governance through GovernanceAlive.

Living Mandala
Living Mandala designs, facilitates, and produces courses, workshops, and events that support personal, ecological and socially regenerative practices. The mission of Living Mandala is to serve, empower and promote holistic educators and organizations in order to increase awareness of their work, to create educational programs, and to catalyze project activities that implement ecologically and socially regenerative practices of human beings living in greater harmony with each other and their environment. http://livingmandala.com/

COREcommons
 Build Communities - Better! COREcommons is a curated online environment providing best practices and technology solutions for those seeking to advance their community intelligence... This hub showcases the range of practitioners who specialize in planning, building and engaging the communities of tomorrow. http://COREcommons.com/

Venture Greenhouse
The Venture Greenhouse of Dominican University is a pioneering, early-stage business incubator providing an intensive acceleration process for companies that have the potential for significant environmental and social benefits. The Venture Greenhouse is a growth accelerator for budding social and environmental entrepreneurs, a learning laboratory for the University’s business students, and a community resource for innovators, investors, sustainability advocates and new ventures. http://venturegreenhouse.org/

Contact
For questions and more information
email: education at livingmandala.com
phone: 707-634-1461

Living MandalaOrganizing Education, Events & Initiatives for Personal & Planetary Transformation
www.LivingMandala.com
Find Living Mandala on Facebook!