[Santa Cruz, CA Permaculture] Permaculture Design Course For International Development and Social Entrepreneurship

Lindsay Allen lindsay at quailsprings.org
Sat Apr 26 15:33:09 PDT 2014

Permaculture Design

Certification Course

For International Development and Social Entrepreneurship

So. California Mountains

www.quailsprings.org

June 21st- July5th, 2014

$1,650

Early Bird by 5/1/2014-$1,450

Limited Space-Register Today

Orphaned Children learn to plant a greywater basin at a

Permaculture Design Course

Permaculture is an integrated design system that provides a framework for
consciously designed landscapes that provide diversity, stability, and
resilience for individuals and communities. This course will assist you and
your organization in integrating into your projects:

. Holistic Design

. Increased Food Security

. Community-Based Development

. Waste Cycling

. Sustainability Education

. Clean Water and Drought Proofing

. Health and Nutrition

. Sustainable Vocations & Enterprise

. Energy Efficiency and Storages

. Collaborative Strategy

Sustainable International Development

& Social Entreprenuership

Creating an on-contour bio-swale with Permaculture students at Lake Victoria
on Rusinga Island in Kenya

Integrated Learning

Appropriate Design

Composting

Water Harvesting

Compost Toilets

Drought Proofing

Waste Cycling

Earthworks

Design Priorities

Peacemaking

Soil building

Watershed Restoration

Integrated Pest Mgmt

Biomimicry

Appropriate Technology

Economic Resiliency

Conflict Resolution

Community Organizing

Ecological Building

Aquaculture

Broad Acre Applications

Food Forestry

Bio-Engineering

Resilient Food Production

Greywater Systems

Livestock Integration

Rebuilding Springs

Why Permaculture

Permaculture is widely recognized as one of the most effective design
methodologies for attaining sustainability worldwide.  Permaculture is in
160 countries with an estimated 850, 000 grassroots projects on-the-ground.

Course Instruction Team

"My learning journey at Quail Springs helped to nurture my presence of mind
to be a better and more active listener and designer - a vital trait for the
international development professional. The coursework was incredibly
pertinent to my work in Uganda and without a doubt made me more aware, more
compassionate, and more focused in my role as a

project manager and human being."

- a Former Student

Our instruction team is comprised of a diverse mix of Quail Springs
residents and leaders in the field from around the world:

Warren Brush, international permaculture educator, designer and co-founder
of Quail Springs Permaculture, True Nature Design and Casitas Valley Farm

Joseph Lentunyoi, co-founder of Permaculture Research Institute of

Kenya, Maasai Tribal Leader, and Permaculture Educator & Consultant

Janice Setser, Former Project Director with Mercy Corp

Alissa Sears, Global Betterment Director of Christie Communications

Melanie St. James, Co-Founder of Empowerment Works

Jay Markert, Founder of Living Mandala

Jeanette Acosta Tribal Indigenous Knowledge, Permaculture Teacher

Noah Jackson, Founder of Forest Voices

and the Quail Springs' Farm Management Team with Brenton Kelly, Andrew
Clinard and Lindsay Allen

...additional presenters being added to the roster, stay tuned!

Program Affiliates:

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network

Permaculture Research Institute of Kenya

Christie Communications

Global Resource Alliance

Forest Voices

Register Today

Email:

 <mailto:info at quailsprings.org> info at quailsprings.org

or call 805-886-7239

Quail Springs is an ideal drylands site to learn about permaculture for
Sustainable International Development

Course Tuition is ALL INCLUSIVE & Includes: Camping, Healthy Food, &
Instruction

Farm Management Team & Course Coordinator