[Santa Cruz, CA Permaculture] Permaculture Teacher Training with Penny Livingston/ Jude Hobbs /Andrew Millison Sept. 3-11, 2016 Bolinas CA

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Sun Jul 24 12:16:09 PDT 2016

PERMACULTURE TEACHER TRAINING
Permaculture Teacher Training with Penny Livingston Jude Hobbs Andrew Millison
Sept. 3-11, 2016

http://regenerativedesign.org/programs/permaculture-teacher-training#175

Sharing information is Regenerative  ~  Be Part of the Permaculture Solution

September 3rd - September 10th, 2016

Commonweal Garden, Bolinas California - 1 hour North of San Francisco on the California Coast

Empower yourself to advocate for change through whole systems design and teaching! In this dynamic and interactive course, you learn significant teaching techniques to communicate and apply Permaculture principles and strategies to a wide variety of audiences and educational settings. Our goal is to encourage and inspire your unique strengths and abilities by demonstrating diverse teaching modalities including effective use of lecture, storytelling, class discussions, interactive experiential activities, visual aids and hands-on skills.

As a group we facilitate a safe setting of active learning, building confidence by experiencing essential practice via preparing and co-teaching multiple presentations.

As with a Permaculture Design Course, in this teacher training we offer practical solutions for sharing information, which is essential in these current times. We have had great success teaching, and are advocates for the Mollisonian Standard Permaculture Design Course curriculum. We also believe each course taught needs to speak directly to local conditions and the specific skills of the presenters’ team.

Jude has taught this course almost thirty times and it is never the same way twice… As proactive educators we are constantly adjusting the way a workshop or course is presented…creating innovative experiences that address varied learning styles while moving from theory to practice.

We appreciate the unique skills and experiences of those attending and cultivate networking for future connections and support. A core part of Jude’s work is inspiring and training the next generation of Permaculture advocates.

Course Topics Include:

• Philosophy and Ethics of Instruction • Pedagogy, Teaching Systems, Principles and Patterns • Adult Learning Styles • Curriculum and Lesson Plan Building • Presenting • Facilitator Roles • Utilizing Media and Activities • Co-Instructing • Time Management • Planning, Marketing, and Budgets • Venue Logistics • Interns and Apprentices • Evaluations and Feedback • Tips from the Trade • Keeping Up The Spirit • Self-care •Extensive Resources and More • Where to From Here: Right Livelihood

This is a Certificate Course offered by the Permaculture Institute of North America and Cascadia Permaculture Institute

Prerequisite: Permaculture Design Course Certificate or Instructor’s approval.

Enrollment is Limited so Register early to ensure your space!