[Santa Cruz, CA Permaculture] Los Angeles Eco-Village Employment Opportunity: Apartment Buildings Manager

Susan Cousineau susan.cousineau at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 12:27:38 PDT 2018

*Employment Opportunity: Resident Co-op Apartment Manager*

(Posted April 9, 2018 - Open until filled)

Please spread the word.We are seeking an experienced Resident Co-op
Housing Manager(s) to join our Management Team in our Intentional
Community in the Los Angeles Eco-Village www.laecovillage.org
<http://www.laecovillage.org>

Please send resume to: urbansoilmanagersearchcommittee at googlegroups

We are Urban Soil-Tierra Urbana, a 45 unit limited equity housing
cooperative in the Los Angeles Eco-Village
(http://losangelesecovillage.org/), a nonprofit 501.c.3 tax exempt
corporation.Our two adjacent cohousing apartment buildings in the north
end of Koreatown/East Hollywood have a proactive resident board of
directors and a combination of 60 owner-members, renter-members,
non-member long term renters, and occasional visitors and guests.The
Resident Manager works in collaboration with the Management Committee
and together are accountable to the Board of Directors.We are an
internationally prominent urban ecovillage associated with the Global
Ecovillage Network www.ecovillage.org <http://www.ecovillage.org> and
the Fellowship for Intentional Communities (www.ic.org
<http://www.ic.org>).We are a public demonstration of higher quality
living patterns at lower environmental impacts.

Please send your cover letter & resume to:
urbansoilmanagersearchcommittee at googlegroups.com
<mailto:urbansoilmanagersearchcommittee at googlegroups.com>

*_Job Description_*(/Some tasks may require more than one person to
fulfill. In your cover letter, please let us know which ones you are
proficient in)./

Hires and supervises employees & independent contractors

Identifies and negotiates with vendors and contractors.

Submits payroll.

Pays property taxes.

Fulfills reporting requirements of government agencies.

Works with accountants to submit 990 taxes.

Experience working with old buildings

*_Responsibilities of the Management Team_*

Directs & participates in daily operations.

Plans and executes interior and exterior improvements, including
landscaping.

Supervises and oversees routine cleaning of common spaces and guest units.

Receives, records & deposits rents.

Works with management team and residents to make arrangements for rent
arrears payments.

Works with the Treasurer to maintain reports & budgets of income and
expenses for all purchases and payments, using Quickbooks.

Works with the Treasurer to propose the annual operating budget.

Manages Resident Move-in/Move-out:
The Resident Manager

·conducts the signing of the Rental/Lease Agreement(s),

·reviews the Co-op Rules and familiarizes a new resident with the
apartment,

·documents the condition of the unit prior to move-in and after move-out,**

·assesses and documents any damages to determine the disposition of the
security deposit.

·Oversees the securing, cleaning & painting of vacated units for
occupancy by new residents.

Responds to violations of Co-op rules.

Maintains positive relations with residents.

*_Requirements_*

Proven proficiency in areas of property management operations.

Strong financial, organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.

Strong internet, word processing, spreadsheet and accounting software
skills.

Excellent communication, management, and people skills. Able to work
collaboratively with the USTU community and Management Committee.

Well educated in, and familiar with, the connections between social,
economic and ecological systems in communities.

*_Additional Useful Qualifications_*

Knowledge of consensus decision making processes.

Familiarity with co-op model & self governance.

Familiarity with permaculture principles
Basic handyperson skills

*_Salary and Benefits
_*Depending on experience.