[Santa Cruz, CA Permaculture] Santa Cruz Permaculture Design Course - Early bird discount until 7/15

David Shaw daveshawlistens at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 12:25:52 PDT 2018

Hi folks,

Please share this email and flyer with your networks about the fall 2018-winter 2019 Santa Cruz Permaculture Design Course! The super early bird discount ends this Sunday, July 15.

I highly recommend this course, and if you have any questions, please let me know!

Thanks,
David Shaw

--

Santa Cruz Permaculture Design Course
October 2018 - March 2019 | Santa Cruz, CA

>> Super Early-Bird Discount – Register Before July 15th, 2018 and Save $200
>> Early Bird Discount – Register Before August 15th, 2018 and Save $100

http://santacruzpermaculture.com/permaculture-design-course/ <http://santacruzpermaculture.com/permaculture-design-course/>

Our course includes the internationally recognized 72-hour curriculum, augmented by an additional 38-hours of hands on practice and field trips.

WHAT IS PERMACULTURE?
Permaculture is an ethically based whole-systems design approach that uses concepts, principles, and methods derived from ecosystems, indigenous peoples, and other time-tested systems to create human settlements and institutions. It’s also been called “saving the planet while throwing a better party.”

Our course includes the internationally recognized 72-hour curriculum, augmented by an additional 38-hours of hands on practice and field trips.
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates will be able to:
Assess the sustainability of current design systems and practices;
Define permaculture ethics and the principles of sustainability;
Employ natural patterns as a design tool in a wide variety of contexts;
Understand basic soil ecology and implement composting methods;
Design simple water harvesting systems, from home to broadacre scale;
Define and design “guilds” or constructed plant communities;
Understand local food issues and the importance of localization;
Translate ecological principles to a variety of social, economic, and educational settings;
Employ best practices for starting and sustaining intentional communities and Ecovillages;
Apply permaculture methods to educational curriculum design and the creation of school garden programs.

GUIDES
David Shaw – Sustainable Agriculture & Social Permaculture
Lydia Neilsen – Watershed Restoration
John Valenzuela – Agroforestry & Tropical Permaculture
Janine Bjornson – Natural Building
Lee Klinger – Sudden Oak Life
Doniga Markegard - Holistic Management & Grassland Restoration
And More!

DATES & TOPICS
October 6 & 7 – Regenerative Design & Nature Awareness
November 3 & 4 – Regenerating Watersheds & Soils
December 8 & 9 – Personal & Economic Permaculture
January 12 & 13 – Home Scale Permaculture: Creating Natural Homes & Edible Landscapes
February 9 & 10 – Broad Scale Permaculture: Integrated Animal Husbandry & Forest Management
March 2 & 3 – Social Permaculture & Community Development
March 9 – Public Design Presentations
Participants can sign up for one weekend or the entire series.

REGISTRATION
$1,250 – Full 6-Month Tuition
$1,050 – Super Early-Bird Discount – Register Before July 15th, 2018 and Save $200
$1,150 – Early Bird Discount – Register Before August 15th, 2018 and Save $100
$300 – One Weekend Only
$950 – Partner / Spouse Discount – When one partner registers for the full course, the second gets a discount
$950 – Teacher Discount – For K-12, College and University Teachers
$750 – Child Discount – When an adult registers for the full course, their child gets a discount

Please Inquire about Payment Plans, Low-income and Youth POC Discounts by emailing santacruzpermaculture at gmail.com <mailto:santacruzpermaculture at gmail.com>.

Learn more and register: http://santacruzpermaculture.com/permaculture-design-course/ <http://santacruzpermaculture.com/permaculture-design-course/>

Share on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/200583937313458/  <https://www.facebook.com/events/200583937313458/>

For more information, please contact David Shaw at santacruzpermaculture at gmail.com <mailto:santacruzpermaculture at gmail.com> or visit the website: http://santacruzpermaculture.com/permaculture-design-course/ <http://santacruzpermaculture.com/permaculture-design-course/>

Thank you for sharing this email with your network!

--

David Shaw
Facebook <http://fb.com/daveshawlistens> | LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-shaw-96083715>

Santa Cruz Permaculture <http://www.santacruzpermaculture.com/>