buddy, can ya spare some sex wax?

EWerb at aol.com EWerb at aol.com
Thu Apr 22 00:12:14 PDT 1999

SURFRIDER ANNUAL FUNDRAISER

The annual Ventura Surfrider Fundraiser will be this weekend, Sunday April
25, at the Banana Belt Cantina.  $15 buys lunch, entertainment, and fun
with the local Surfriders.

We are soliciting donations for our silent auction.  We expect over 100
attendees, and any donations would be much appreciated.

Below is a copy of my letter of solicitation.

Thanks,

Paul

--------------------------
Dear Surfrider supporter,

In the past year, the Ventura County Chapter of the Surfrider Foundation
has won some significant victories. The hard work and perseverance of our
volunteers is paying off - and the payoffs benefit the entire beach
community in Ventura County.

For six years our "Blue Water Task Force" volunteers tested the ocean
waters, publicized the results, and lobbied the county to reinstate their
testing of our beaches.  Last year Ventura County finally began testing our
beach waters.  Our volunteer monitoring program may now be applied to
pinpoint the actual sources of pollution.

In addition, our "Growing the Beaches" program has been highly effective in
publicizing the root causes of beach erosion in Ventura County and
proposing long term solutions to the problem.  As a result, the City of
Ventura procured funding to begin restoration of Surfers Point in
accordance with our comments over the past five years.  In addition, we
have generated considerable interest in the removal of the obsolete
Matilija Dam through publicizing its sand-robbing effects on our beaches.

None of this would have been possible without your support.  We rely on our
fundraising efforts to cover the costs of running the local chapter.

This year's annual Surfrider fund-raiser will be held on Sunday April 25th
at the Banana Belt Cantina Restaurant in Ventura.  We would like to ask for
your continued support of our local chapter by making a donation for our
silent auction or raffle.  Past donations have consisted of gift
certificates, meals, clothing items, sportswear, surfboards, surf videos,
speaker systems, sunglasses, island kayak trips, posters, photographs,
wine, electronic equipment, and surf accessories.

We appreciate any donation, large or small.  As a donor your name will be
prominently displayed at the fund-raiser as a supporter of Surfrider.  In
addition, for tax purposes we will send you a statement detailing your
donation and its value.

You may leave a message at  805-667-2222.

Thanks in advance for your generosity and support,

Paul Jenkin

Chairman, Executive Committee
Surfrider Foundation - Ventura County Chapter