Intro to Permaculture Design, Oct. 8-10, Ojai, CA

EWerb at aol.com EWerb at aol.com
Fri Aug 6 13:46:08 PDT 1999

hi everybody -- please help us spread the word on our october workshop at
ojai foundation, described below.
if the course fee is an obstacle for anyone, i will work with them to find a
way so they can participate...

eric w

An introduction to Permaculture Design
October 8-10, 1999 at Ojai Foundation, Ojai CA

Permaculture is an elegant integration of designs to sustainably provide for
human needs. These designs are based on nature’s patterns and energy flows.
Participants will gain an understanding of this natural design approach
through presentations, discussions, site observation and hands-on practice.

The workshop begins Friday evening with a discussion and slide show overview
of permaculture design principles. Saturday, we will explore ways to apply
permaculture design to improve our soil fertility, water, energy, and food
systems. Sunday activities involve a walkabout examinations of these designs
on the Ojai Foundation’s diverse grounds and settings. The weekend experience
will conclude with participants developing community-based networking
strategies for continuing to help each other apply this practice in our
evolving lifestyles.

Cost: $245 (includes dinner Friday, 3 meals each day, and on-site lodging)
a limited number of $50 work scholarships/camping discounts are available

To register, or for more info/questions, please contact the Ojai Foundation,
805-646-8343
or email Eric Werbalowsky, <ewerb at aol.com>

Instructors include:
David White, Ph.D. is a permaculture teacher at Ojai's Happy Valley School.
He works to promote permaculture design in the Ojai Valley and coordinates
the Ojai Permaculture Guild.

Akiva Werbalowsky is an experienced organic food and medicine grower. He is a
founder of the Cal Poly SLO State University permaculture center and the
Central Coast Permaculture Guild.

Eric Werbalowsky is a compost evangelist working with business, government
and community groups. He is an organizer of the South Coast Permaculture
Guild, promoting education and training.

Plus Ojai Foundation Staff