sell more herbicide

EWerb at aol.com EWerb at aol.com
Sun Aug 22 09:36:18 PDT 1999

Please forward widely to individuals, groups and media

August 1999

The Seeds of Resistance claim responsibility for the recent cutting down of
genetically engineered corn in Old Town, Maine. This is the first in a
series of actions. This action was taken in an effort to send a message to
those who seek to benefit from the risky endeavor of genetically
engineering the food supply. By taking such actions we hope to motivate
individuals engaged in such efforts to look into other lines of work.

There is absolutely no benefit to humanity from corn plants such as were
growing in Old Town, other than to those that create and sell them. These
genetically altered corn plants do not taste better and are not more
nutritious. They are only designed to sell more herbicide. The idea that
companies like Monsanto wish to end world hunger through patenting and
genetically modifying the food supply are hollow public relations ploys,
especially considering that there is already enough food produced in the
world to feed everyone and that the hunger problem is one of distribution
not production.

We would like to take this opportunity to ask people from all walks of life
to consider: Who is really benefiting from the genetic engineering of the
food supply? It certainly isn't the consumers of such foods.

Creative ways of showing our disapproval with genetically engineered foods
are going on all over the world, particularly in Europe. Only recently has
this phenomenon begun to catch on in the United States.
Our recent action in Old Town was the first in a series of actions. We
encourage more people to join in.

For a newspaper account of this action go to:
www.bangornews.com/News/82099Vandalshit.html

####################################

Andy Caffrey, founder
Hayduke Rocks! an Earth First! Media and Action Network
[previously aka EF! Media Center]

We're trying to remove the obstacles to your involvement and bring more
people together to do more powerful things..

$100 from 60 people will float this project for a year:
http://www.efmedia.org/60.html

PLEASE NOTE theses changes:

NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS: hayduke at efmedia.org
NEW, EXPANDED WEB SITE! http://www.efmedia.org

If you can, please help us with any contribution, payable to Earth First!
Thanks.

Earth First!
P.O. Box 324
Redway, CA 95560