Genetic Engineering in Food Supply

EWerb at aol.com EWerb at aol.com
Thu Oct 14 00:24:40 PDT 1999

Genetic Engineering
- understanding the impacts of biotechnology on our lives

Much of our food is contaminated with genetically-engineered ingredients.
Find out what we can do locally and to participate in the international
response to rampant genetic engineering of our food supply.

Town Hall Meeting , Downtown Santa Barbara Public Library, 40 E. Anapamu St,
Faulkner Gallery, Tuesday, October 26 at 7pm

Lecture, at University of California at Santa Barbara, Corwin Pavillion,
University Center Wednesday, October 27 7pm

Presentations by:
Mae-wan Ho - geneticist and scientific advisor to governments world wide on
genetically engineered organisms
&
Luke Anderson - orator and author of Genetic Engineering, Food and Our
Environment

For more information or to assist with the campaign, please call 963-8601.
Town hall meeting hosted by the EDGE Campaign and Community Environmental
Council. Lecture hosted by UCSB EDGE and UCSB Environmental Affairs Board.

Other sponsors include Isla Vista Co-op, Lassens Health Foods, Wild Oats,
South Coast Permaculture Guild, Organic Farmers Marketing Association and the
Ecologist magazine.