A Debate on the impacts of biotechnology on our lives Thursday, March 16, 7 PM

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Fri Mar 10 07:17:16 PST 2000

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE			CONTACT:

March 9, 2000						Oscar Carmona,
963-0583, x114

Genetically Engineered Foods:  Is it Safe?
A Debate on the impacts of biotechnology on our lives

Thursday, March 16, 7 PM
Faulkner Gallery (Inside the Downtown Public Library)

Free to the public

Are you in the know about GMO's (Genetically Modified Organisms)?
Are genetically modified crops harmful to your health?
How can you tell if the food you areeating has GMO ingredients so you can
make a choice?
Are genetically modified crops Foods of the Future?
Come hear both sides of the issue at a free forum on the safety of GMO's

Thursday March 16 at 7 PM at the Faulkner Gallery located inside the
downtown Public Library.

A panel of local experts representing farming, media and scientific research
will be on hand to offer questions to
Panel Includes
English Foodsafety activist Luke Anderson
Alan Smith of Director of Public Policy for BIOCOM-San Diego an employee of
Novartis.
Looks like Micheal Abelman, Laurence Hauben,  Prof.  Hattheril  will be
part of the panel too they been invited

For more information, call 963-0583, x114.

###