CA Harvest seminars

Akiva akivaw at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 10 22:48:53 PDT 2000

Ongoing Harvest Seminars
are offered now through July in southern California for individuals and
small groups. Activities include culture of specialty tree crops, grain and
heirloom seed harvesting, organizing, storing, and community distribution.
Successfully abundant designs for home/community-scale gardens and orchards
are presented and explored. Fresh organic fruits and vegetables are chosen
for communal lunch and/or dinner, and participants may relax and enjoy
adjacent creeks and national forest hiking.

•Where: a leading-edge home botanic garden near Ojai, CA

•When: Monday-Friday, plus Sundays, morning and afternoon sessions

•How: personally arranged by emailing Akiva Werbalowsky at:

<seedmind at usa.net> 	or by voicemail: 805-783-9546

•Cost: $25 per person or equivalent barter/exchange. Five sessions arranged
for $100 or equivalent.

***Background/Description***
While stewarding one of California's most diverse "food forests", I
periodically link advanced ecological design instruction with a need for
hands-on help benefiting this inspirational place. As long as participants
are helpful, cost is kept to a minimum and fresh, vital meals from the
garden are joyfully prepared.

After teaching, mentoring, and writing often about permaculture and
ecological design, this is a particularly satisfying and effective way I've
found to share over thirty years of organic growing experience. We enjoy
healthy fun while socializing with our plant-people-friends. My stories
arise from world travels, commercial and university eco-careers, as well as
off-trail explorations of undisturbed patterns in nature. Beginners will
feel comfortable, though subtle and advanced practices are particularly
covered in hopes they'll be shared for wider community benefit. And yes, my
simple, foolproof pest protection methods (for gophers, pillbugs, slugs,
etc) are presented as often as requested.

I enjoy doing this, and hope you will too.
Thanks,
Akiva Werbalowsky
Ojai, CA

email:		seedmind at usa.net