Permaculture Credit Union is final open"""""

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed Aug 16 22:13:57 PDT 2000

http://www.pcuonline.org/

Opened August 15, 2000

The Permaculture Credit Union is a reality. A new kind of environmentally
responsive financial institution has just been created and chartered. The
Permaculture Credit Union is the first new credit union to be created in
New Mexico in thirty years and is possibly the first credit union to be
founded upon the Earth Care principles of Permaculture ethics, namely,
respect for natural systems, respect for people, and no waste (which in
banking will mean the reinvestment and recycling of surplus back into the
community being served). Our mission is to pool the financial resources of
people who subscribe to these ethical principles and provide a financial
vehicle that will allow these resources to be put to work creating a sound,
sustainable, environmentally responsible future. We believe we have
targeted a market that is severely underserved by existing financial
institutions - those people who are committed to a cleaner environment,
healthy food and water, sustainable energy use, and a more conscious
lifestyle. The credit union will promote thrift among its members and
provide credit at reasonable rates. It will create the opportunity for
members to control the use of their money in the community and contribute
to the revitalization of local well-being.

For the past three years the Permaculture Institute and numerous volunteers
have been involved in establishing the Permaculture Credit Union. We have
recently received approval from the National Credit Union Association
(NCUA) for depositors insurance, and from the New Mexico Regulation and
Licensing Department to begin operation of the Permaculture Credit
Union.The organizing committee is now working on the details that will
allow us provide more services to our members.

Information & Registration:

Please use the following for more information:

You can <http://www.pcuonline.org/PCU_Register.html>click here to put your
address in our database for future email or mailing information.

For frequently asked questions about permaculture and the Permaculture
Credit Union. <http://www.pcuonline.org/Moreinfo.html>click here

Or Call: (505) 954-3479

Or Fax: (505) 424-1624

Or Write to: