Goodbye Tour of Matilija Damm

Fred Chambers regenerative at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 5 07:41:41 PDT 2000

Thanks Eric,

I'm not a tree guy, but I am a fish guy.  Will the naturalists include the
nutrient cycles in their talk?   It's been theorized by many tree people
that a healthy forest needs anadromous fish.  Look at those Sequoia and
other big trees in the PNW.  Their watersheds usually had wild runs of
salmon and steelhead.   Fish carcasses in the riparian zone bring
nutrients back from the ocean.  Anadromous fish close the loop for big
trees, right?

Fred

MATILIJA COALITION TO LEAD TOUR OF DOOMED SITE